Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estrogel dosage  (Read 1692 times)

AnnieGG

• First Flush
Estrogel dosage
« on: March 12, 2021, 05:35:57 PM »

Hi
Could do with some help .......According to my Meno Clinic (NHS) on last Telephone appt recently.... They have been closed since 1st lockdown only Tel Apptmts & they are rare!
i am Menopausal I am currently on 4 pumps daily of Oestrogel 1 pump Test 3 times & week & 1 Application of Ovestin 2 times a week, & finally 2.5mg daily of Norethisterone (any higher and it sends me crazy nuts!) went down to 3 pumps about 10 days ago and since then am getting Hot sweats during the day, nothing like before........Clinic said less Oestrogel is always better & if ok on 3 go to 2 but no lower........Could going down to 3 brung on the Sweats ?? 1st time they have mentioned it being better to have a lower dose.........Takes them 10 days + to answer any questions on their website ......
Any help/advice gratefully received......Feel shattered 😝 Thanks Ladies

Dotty

Re: Estrogel dosage
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 06:42:27 PM »

Hi yes, lowering the dosage can bring back the sweats. X

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 07:28:55 PM »

You should use the lowest dose that controls your symptoms. As flushes returned you need more than 3 pumps. You could try 3.5 but if you were good on 4 I would go back to that. I'm on 4 and they haven't suggested I cut it down (yet).

AnnieGG

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 11:31:21 PM »

Thank you for replying, really appreciate it........quite difficult to get a straight answer from the Clinic.....xx

Smokey

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 05:01:19 PM »

Hi
I agree you need to increase your gel again try 31/2 and leave it for a week then increase a tiny bit moor if your still getting flushes and so on until your happy.  I’m on 4 at the moment.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 06:48:16 PM »

Hello AnnieGG and welcome to the forum.

I am going to a private menopause clinic and their view is that I should increase my pumps of gel until my symptoms are relieved. I am currently on four pumps but they said up to six would be fine. As I am post Meno I am reluctant to go much higher so they recently suggested that I stop using Utrogestan and we would review in a few weeks.

Just before I approached the private clinic I heard from an NHS Consultant who was of the opinion that with Oestrogen, less is more. He claimed that he has patients who are using one pump of gel every other day. I didn't like to ask him how these ladies were feeling on such a low dose but hopefully they were also symptom free!

I think that the best dose is the one that controls your symptoms  but my experience demonstrates that there are different opinions about the amount of Oestrogel needed to achieve this.

Take care.

K.

AnnieGG

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 11:16:05 PM »

Hi Ladies

Thank you to everyone thar has replied....xx .I don’t think I am replying on the right bit of the forum, so please excuse me, Brain has gone to mush.......6 omg that has never even been discussed!!
Hubby got made Redundant 1st Jan-timing was brilliant !! we were looking at Private Clinics but not in our budget right now......only so i could get the help without the ‘Russian Roulette’ of it all......Exhausted by it all......so know I am not completely ok as have always relished a challenge whether than be in my Work life, Sports or at times my personal life 😂 But will keep on trying 🤞🤞🤞