News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 614 times)

Lindyh

• First Flush
Hi
« on: March 11, 2021, 10:08:48 AM »

Morning all. I've not posted on the site for ages, so got a surprise 'Happy Birthday' email from the site, which I have to say, cheered me up no end. Not been able to go out & celebrate my Birthday due to lockdown isn't nice :-\. Not nice for anyone, I know.
Since I last posted,(which was about still bleeding at the age 0f 57) I spoke to my Doctor, who sent me for tests. Turned out I had a polyp, which was causing the bleeding, so I was sent to have it removed, but by the time this happened, the polyp had 'disappeared'. Brilliant,  :) and even better, I've had no more bleeding, and hopefully I wont anymore. ;D ;D I'm still having hot flushes, worse at night, I still don't sleep very well, but on the whole don't feel too bad .So, any advice would be : Speak to your Doctor, they do understand !!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 10:40:45 AM »

Tnx for the update.  I had a polyp which bled on contact, my Gyane wanted to remove it: privately  ;D.   It disappeared at peri. 

Some GPs 'get it', sadly many don't.

Sleep can be helped by the occasional use of 'night nurse'-type medication ;-)

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 12:49:39 PM »

You're lucky to have a supportive gp. They seem in the minority. Magnesium  Citrate is very good for sleep as are Epsom Salts warm baths mid evening rather than right at bedtime, but don't put anything additional in. Dull, I know, but necessary.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 01:32:46 PM »

Nowt dull about a bath ;-)  8)