Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Am I weird or is there a scientific explanation?  (Read 1622 times)

pepperminty

Am I weird or is there a scientific explanation?
« on: March 05, 2021, 07:22:44 PM »

Hi ladies,

I have increased my estrogen over a few months very slowly. I have gotten hotter and hotter at night. I have a thermometre in the room, so I know how hot it is. I was boiling all night through the winter and not cold even when the temp was really cool.  For various reasons I have gone back to my low dose  of estrogen and now I am cold even when the temperature is much warmer.

I realise that this happened to me before ( but I did not have a temperature gage then ) when I increased my estrogen.

I thought estrogen is supposed to stop / control the over heating etc. So why does it have the opposite effect on me? The only good thing as that the heating bill was lower! ::)

Any ideas?

Pepperminty x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Am I weird or is there a scientific explanation?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 07:31:40 PM »

Hi - mayB put the product names into the search box?  See what pops up ? 

Shannonplussed

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 10:42:20 PM »

Maybe there’s an interaction with the thyroid?

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 07:14:33 AM »

Thank you for replying ladies,

that is interesting about the thyroid? But I am not sure why that would hapen? I cannot find anything about possible causes - it is all about lowering hot flushes etc. First I thought it was a fluke, but I have been hot for a few months and within a few days of reducing I noticed that I was not so hot in bed - and then put 2 and 2 together. Am I the only person this happens to?

PMX

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 09:43:55 AM »

Probably not.  It's Trial and Error very often  ::)

mandss

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 10:39:17 AM »

I was the same when taking oestrogen, I was burning up the whole time. Through out the recent cold snap I was so hot I could barely wear a jumper. Now 4 weeks off it and I am freezing!

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 05:12:05 PM »

What happened to your other symptoms? I don't know the answer but just wondered if it was a symptom of too much oestrogen (and can you bottle it and send me a dose for when it's cold  ;)).

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 08:48:34 PM »

.... especially in the early hours in that lambing shed? 

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 09:00:57 PM »

Maybe a few more doses for cold, wet new born lambs too...
I bought a couple of spare hot water bottles this time, saves using mine.

pepperminty

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 07:42:01 AM »

Hi ladies,

Apologies for the late reply- had a manic few days at work.

Hi Sheila99 ,
my other symptoms such as brain fog seem to have increased on reduction of the estrogen, but the aches seem a little less now I have reduced again. I appear to have a little more energy on a slightly higher dose.
Although I forgot to take one of my HRT tablets the other night and felt crap all day ( I couldn't work out why ) until  I took my next tablet and realised that I had not taken  it the day before. 
I think I am post menopause. Everytime I try to up my dose of HRT I get lots of watery discharge before during and after my bleed ( apologies TMI) and this causes me a lot of issues.
So although I feel I should be taking a higher dose, I am stuck where I am.

I take an extra half a tablet every other day of estrogen and that appears to work for me, as the 1/10 femosten is too low on its own. I would like to go transdermal eventually, but I am worried about changing the progesterone .  Dydrogesterone works for me although not perfect. I think it is one of the safest progesterones.  I wish we had a bit more choice in the UK . I am trying to work out whether I can substitute the half tablet for estrogen gel, but not sure what the dose would be or indeed if the NHS clinic would agree to it. I have thought of mixing and matching the estrogen under guidance and only taking the tablets ( with progesterone half the months as usual an substituting the estrogen tablets with gel the other half.
I have had my estrogen tested 3 times now over the years and it always seems to be about the same averaging from 295/  to 367pmol/l  . So Unfortunately I do not think there is much to spare ;D.

I am still not as hot, so defo the extra bit of estrogen that was the cause. 

Hi Mandss - My heating bill will have gone up as I am cold again now!  ;D

Any way enough rambling from me.

It is great to have an outlet to ruminate.

PMX

mariawd

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 09:52:40 PM »

I also take Femonston 1/10. Worked well for about 2and a half years.
When my symptoms returned I upped my dose to Fem2/10 but that was awful...all my symptoms came back and were worse than ever before.
So I went back on the 1/10 dose and top up with oestrogel  (one pump every second day).
For about 4 months that worked well. But recently I have started to have disturbed sleep and hot flushes again....sigh. So I have started adding one pump of oestrogel every day.....need to see how that works.
It’s so hard to get it right.

mariawd

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 10:11:35 PM »

Just to add, one pump of oestrogel is about 0.50/0.75 mg. So a bit lower than 1 mg of Femonston.

pepperminty

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 08:44:43 AM »

That is iteresting Mariawd,

When I take the half a estrogen tablet of Zumenon every other day on top of the 1/10 femosten, I was not given the choice by my clinic of using gel. So by that calculation I would need to use just over half a pump to get the same dose as half a tablet.

Yes the 2/10 was not right for me when I tried it, I too got hotter! I wonder why it did that? Yes it is hard to get it right. Since lowering my doe, I now have spotting which is 5 days either than before ( I usually get that right before my bleed , which appears to have come early!). I would have thought a reduction in estrogen would make it come later - as less build up. ::)

Let us know how the one pump is going everyday, as that would be almost the same as the 2/10  I believe and it would be interesting to see if the gel makes the increase  work better for you .

PMX