Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Do I stop or continue?  (Read 677 times)

Sparkler

Do I stop or continue?
« on: March 03, 2021, 11:14:18 AM »

Hi all

I am home after having an emergency appendectomy at the weekend. My evorel patch stayed on no problem although was 2 days late being changed by the time I got home. But I was 5 days into utrogestan and then couldn’t eat or drink and I just stopped the Utro at that point. So now I am home ( and petrified I may have caught covid but never mind- aren’t we all) so do I now just wait another 15 days  and then restart 12 days of Utro? Or do I do the next 7 days of Utro?

Sparkler
X

sheila99

Re: Do I stop or continue?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 05:08:02 PM »

I would start again. It won't do you any harm to miss one cycle. If you still have a cycle of your own you should try to keep hrt in step with that.

Sparkler

Re: Do I stop or continue?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »

Thx Shiela99

It was ‘interesting’ to have to wait an extra 3 days before changing the evorel patch. I did cry, get hot flushes and dip in mood but that could have been the surgery.

I am going to stick with just the estrogen and start a recount on the utrogestan from when I came out of hospital and changed the patch. I did get very light spotting in the days after stopping the Utro so this seems the most sensible thing to do.
S