Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hyperemesis gravidarum  (Read 1715 times)

mandss

Hyperemesis gravidarum
« on: February 23, 2021, 02:08:50 PM »

I was just wondering if their is any link between suffering from Hyperemesis and having a bad menopausal journey.
I suffered to the extreme with all 3 of my pregnancies, ending up in  hospital by 6 weeks with each one due to severe de hydration. Aslo 2 very premature babies, due to an incompetent cervix.
I am now 2 years into my peri menopausal (although I think it started along time before tbh). I feel like I have suffered from one symptom or another through out this time. Was wondering in any one else has suffered from both. I cannot find any actually link, but as both are hormone related..it makes you wonder!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hyperemesis gravidarum
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 03:20:40 PM »

Having done a search there is mention in 2007 ....... but nothing more recent.

Ginger is good for nausea.  I always have biscuits when travelling.  DH uses a lot of freshly chopped ginger in cooking and there is usually a jar of stem ginger in syrup in the pantry. 

Does it bother you all day?  Awful.  Have you thought of a travel sickness remedy, perhaps ask your local Pharamacist?

If my body burns off energy and I don't eat property I feel really really sick  :-X  :'( .  Grazing helps a lot, slow release food stuffs.  What did U try in pregnancy? 

Bananas; porridge; fruits/nuts; dry rich tea biscuits; ginger biscuits

mandss

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 04:53:23 PM »

Whilst pregnant i could not even swallow water without being sick. Do not suffer now, but was just wondering if there is any link x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 05:12:46 PM »

I would say 'yes'.  MayB get a referral to a menopause Clinic for advice or look on Louise Newsom's website and ask the question?  Then let us know.

The day B4 my very 1st period I felt very very sick for hours without connecting the hormonal input.  And we were away, in a cottage without an inside bathroom, it was 'across the yard'  :-\.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 06:05:57 PM »

Hello mandss

I understand that this condition is unusual so it may be worth asking how many ladies didn't have this problem during pregnancy but have suffered the whole nine yards of meno symptoms. You can certainly count me in on that one lol. It was only after my periods had stopped that I began to  experience  morning sickness and nausea.

Wishing you well.

K.