Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bleeding with HRT patch  (Read 2346 times)

Stockport1965

Bleeding with HRT patch
« on: February 22, 2021, 07:24:17 PM »

I am on day 15 of evorel conti patch and have had light bleeding for 2 days. Just spoke to GP and he wants me to stop using until I see a gynaecologist. Is bleeding pretty normal?
I am using it for osteoporosis
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 08:23:40 PM by Stockport1965 »

Limpy

Re: Bleeding with HRT patch
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 08:52:36 PM »

When I started Evorel conti my GP said breakthrough bleeding can be very common for the first 6 months and not to panic if it happened.

So yes bleeding is pretty normal.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 12:54:16 AM »

Breakthrough bleeding is mentioned in the patient information leaflet as being a common side effect for the first six months. I'd mention this fact to your GP

Taz x

Stockport1965

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »

When I started Evorel conti my GP said breakthrough bleeding can be very common for the first 6 months and not to panic if it happened.

I did read the leaflet and it states bleeding occurs. I will mention it to the GP, he wants to do an examination as well while I am there. I'm happy to continue for 3 months to see if it settles.

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 11:52:02 AM »

I did read the leaflet and it states bleeding occurs. I will mention it to the GP, he wants to do an examination as well while I am there. I'm happy to continue for 3 months to see if it settles.

Seeing how things settle down  seems to be the best way to go.

Stockport1965

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »

well that was rather disappointing.
GP did an internal exam and all OK. He agreed with me that the bleeding was probably the HRT (just a bit of discharge today - straw coloured).
However, he wants me to stop the HRT immediately until I have seen the gynaecologist. I'm rather fed up with that decision and wanted to continue.......

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 07:30:48 PM »

I had evorel conti prescribed by a NHS menopause clinic. I have had quite a bit of bleeding and mentioned this to the clinic. The dr said she would not have any concerns about bleeding during the first six months. In fact she gave the impression that this was quite a frequent occurrence. I hope you are able to reverse the decision , or able to get a gynae appointment quickly.

Jasmin20

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 07:57:51 PM »

Yes. I had bleeding too. Continuously for 42 days on the ec patch. Told to persevere for six months and it’s stopped.