Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Holidays 2021  (Read 17349 times)

jaypo

Re: Holidays 2021
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2021, 03:24:30 PM »

I know,Sturgeon blabs so much c#*p,none of the rules have made any sense.
We went for a meal in Scotland a couple of months back and you could have a meal but not any alcohol with it,even the waitress said it was ridiculous,she said they're are people outside drinking and getting drunk,then they walk all through the restaurant to go to the loo,yet we couldn't even have one pint with our meal inside >:(

Two hoots

« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2021, 06:05:03 PM »

I’m home, lovely to be on a ship again. Visited - Liverpool, Chester and Port Sunlight on excursions, Port Sunlight is a lovely place, I’d been to Chester before and the chatholic Cathedral in Liverpool is beautiful  :)

Went for a drive saw Stormont, a very imposing building then a drove along the Ards peninsula in Northern Ireland, reminded me of Wales  ::) saw Scotland across the sea but we were not allowed to dock, I’m not sure I’ll ever set foot in Scotland but at least I’ve seen it  ;D

We staying in our group on the tours, no shopping allowed  :neutral:

Had a covid test before boarding and again mid cruise, had to wear a mask unless seated, but it was worth it to do something I’ve missed  :)

Two loads of washing done and dried only the dreaded ironing now  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2021, 07:32:07 PM »

Well done!  Would you go again?

Scotland is lovely.  In early 1990 we stayed near Oban in self catering wood cabins; near a walk up to an inland Loch, our dog loved it there.  Alternate days of wet/sun though DH remembers it as rain every day  ;D

4 R 30th wedding anniversary we stayed near Dornie [Kilimanjaro, a self catering bungaloe], visiting Plockton; Isle of Skye (4 days running)

3 years ago we took the camper and stayed by Loch Lomond - site no longer operational - we had ducks appearing the moment we opened the door for breakfast  8)

Once by Glasgow, turn left and the scenery becomes FabULUS  :-*

jaypo

« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2021, 08:40:32 AM »

Glad you enjoyed it TH,when's your next one? You MUST visit Scotland sometime though,you won't be disappointed I can assure you.
We've just re booked Norway for July'22

Two hoots

« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2021, 01:50:51 PM »

Our next booked cruise is to the Canary Islands in September with Celebrity, it was moved from last year, its still a while away so might go ahead  ::)

Everyone we spoke to was just so happy to be on a cruise, the line “I’ve had so many holidays cancelled” was in every conversation  ;D

Norway is so beautiful  :)

jaypo

« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2021, 07:54:07 PM »

Cunard emailed to say our cruise next week is cancelled 😡 8 members of staff have covid,so we've booked a nice hotel in West Sussex for 3 nights,hardly a cruise but better than nothing

CLKD

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2021, 08:06:35 PM »

How on Earth, at this stage, can any1 be catching it on a Liner  :-\

R the Staff isolating on board?

West Sussex is lovely ........

jaypo

« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2021, 07:49:05 AM »

I have absolutely no idea clkd but I'm guessing the staff are free to get off the ship whilst it's docked,they'll be self isolating on the ship,big blow to Cunard and to all the people who have organised things for their holiday.

Two hoots

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2021, 08:13:18 AM »

Oh no not another cancelled holiday :-\ the crew on Virtuosa were not allowed off the ship when we were in port.  The cruises up to the one before ours in September have been cancelled  :o but we only dock in The Canary Islands and Portugal so im still hopeful  :)

We went to Sussex last September it was great even though we couldnt visit the lovely National Trust properties in the area because of covid, so we will have to go back  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2021, 11:47:59 AM »

We're so disappointed TH,will the Xmas one go ahead I wonder? Cunard will be owing us money shortly  ;D the number of cruises cancelled,all our deposits and cancelled trips money has  gone towards the Xmas one but if that's cancelled I think we better just get it all refunded 😢
Never  been to Sussex before,any recommendations?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 03:20:33 PM by jaypo »

CLKD

« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2021, 12:13:23 PM »

Yep - how long have you got  ;D

Brighton - lovely beach including a space 4 nudists and a Ferris wheel
Brighton Antique area which gets crowded but 1 can pick up bargains
I have a friend who makes 'lost art' sculptures who shows in a Brighton Gallery
If it rains there's an aquarium - if it is open in these strange times

Lewis - 20 mins train journey from Brighton

Arundel - castle and antique shops
Near Arundel is a Wildlife Trust (Peter Scott) reserve

Petworth
Chicester

South and North Downs - 4 walking and sitting

« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 12:17:10 PM by CLKD »

C.C.

« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2021, 01:04:49 PM »

I'm glad you are all able to get away on vacation, finally!  We have no plans to travel, our summer fun is having the ensuite bathroom renovated. ;D

CLKD

« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2021, 02:06:32 PM »

Oh what's going in instead?  Hot tub  :D ?  I would never have a loo in the same room again as the bath/basin.  Who ever thought that was a good idea  :kick:

Limpy

« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2021, 02:13:16 PM »

Oh what's going in instead?  Hot tub  :D ?  I would never have a loo in the same room again as the bath/basin.  Who ever thought that was a good idea  :kick:

Perhaps to be able to wash hands, after using the toilet, before using the door handle to exit the room. That might be the logic..........

CLKD

« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2021, 02:16:35 PM »

Yep but having the tooth brush in the same room  :o ........... I would design a room with a loo and hopefully a view  ;D, as well as a wash basin and urinal; with separate rooms for a bath and wash basin as well as a separate wet room .......... to keep germs in 1 place ;-).  All with good towel rails too.

We had a lovely walk-in shower at the Motel we usually stay in so I've booked the same room for next time ;-). [in 2 week's time].  It had the controls outside of the spray area so 1 could adjust the temp. B4 getting under.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11