Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Autonomic nervous system response  (Read 664 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Autonomic nervous system response
« on: February 18, 2021, 09:57:58 AM »

I've done a quick 'google' to remind myself what causes anxiety reactions: in this case natural physical reaction to danger.  4 me it results in a horrid sensation below my belly button and I stop eating  :'(

What is difference between sympathetic and parasympathetic?

The sympathetic nervous system activates the fight or flight response during a threat or perceived danger, and the parasympathetic nervous system restores the body to a state of calm.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:06:59 AM by CLKD »

CLKD

Re: Autonomic nervous system response
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 09:58:57 AM »

What is included in the autonomic nervous system?

The autonomic nervous system is the part of the nervous system that supplies the internal organs, including the blood vessels, stomach, intestine, liver, kidneys, bladder, genitals, lungs, pupils, heart, and sweat, salivary, and digestive glands. The autonomic nervous system has two main divisions: Sympathetic.

CLKD

Re: Autonomic nervous system response
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 10:05:19 AM »

Can anxiety cause physical problems?

The autonomic nervous system produces your fight-or-flight response, which is designed to help you defend yourself or run away from danger. When you are under stress or anxious, this system kicks into action, and physical symptoms can appear — headaches, nausea, shortness of breath, shakiness, or stomach pain.