Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Still gaining weight  (Read 884 times)

Jammie

• First Flush
Still gaining weight
« on: February 13, 2021, 11:11:42 AM »

Hi,
I’ve been on hrt for 4 years (I’m 49) and have a mirena coil fitted to regulate flow. Because of the pandemic I have not been able to have my coil replaced and started heavy bleeding again.  The doctor put me on the pill - Cerelle - which I’ve now been on for about 9 months.  Since then I have slowly gained weight and I’m really struggling to lose it, I’ve tried lots of diets and whilst they are successful for losing a little at the beginning I just continue to slowly gain it back again.  Any suggestions please.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:19:06 AM by Jammie »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Still gaining weight
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 12:57:36 PM »

Ring your GP and ask for the coil to be removed.  C-19 is NOT an excuse, the NHS is 'open for business'.  How old is the coil?  It may be a build up of lining which the body is shedding.

MayB jot down what you eat day and night for 3 days and adjust when/what you swallow.  How R your bowels?  A good poo can weigh more than we realise  ::)

Jammie

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 03:02:33 PM »

I have had an appointment to get it removed but to make matters worse the gp can’t find it so I have to wait for a gynae appointment at the local hospital and they are only doing emergencies 😞

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 03:11:03 PM »

Ask your GP to refer you elsewhere?  Not all hospitals are involved with C-19 cases despite what we see on the News.