Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Digestive Issues????  (Read 1343 times)

menopausalalways

Digestive Issues????
« on: January 28, 2021, 12:51:18 PM »

Hello Ladies
I recently read somewhere that during the Meno you go through digestive distress??
I am getting a slight background niggle ache navel area which is more so when I sit down and have read that's due to the wonderful BIG M)( which is happening a  lot as I'm binging on Bridgerton (mainly for Rege'Jean's bum :-)
Anybody else getting weird stomach issues and does it stop eventually? I am taking OMEPRAZOLE in an attempt to sort it or just painkillers?
Anybody else? Or is it just me goodself?
This is a flamin nightmare innit!
XX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Digestive Issues????
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 03:05:47 PM »

What do you take 'omeprazole' 4?  Certainly if muscles become lax due to lack of oestrogen the digestion can be affected.

menopausalalways

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 03:30:30 PM »

TBH - absolutely no idea. I made the big mistake of consulting DR GOOGLE - which gave me a diagnosis of an ulcer!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 05:01:19 PM »

It's a prescription drug?

Maybe stop taking everything.  Review your diet/drink and keep a diary of what you eat for 5 days/nights. Even those little sweeties at the back of the fridge  ;).

Sometimes it helps to get back to basics to give the gut a rest.  I use LIVE yoghurt when my gut is upset, it cleanses the whole digestion tract.  Stop anything spicy or that you know upsets you.  Perhaps make a diet sheet for the week? 

That naval niggle could be because you have pulled a muscle!  Happens to me sometimes, usually when I've been lugging bird food sacks.

MummyClanger

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 06:47:30 PM »

My digestion and bowels have been badly affected by menopause symptoms. Gastric reflux has got worse and bowels just slowed down . Are you prescribed Omeprazole? Also as I understand it, reduction in oestrogen affects bile production as well. I take probiotics I think they help. I’ve just been told by my doctor to stop Omeprazole now as it was making things worse, causing bloating and stomach discomfort

Lyncola

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 08:38:59 AM »

I never had stomach problems until menopause. And now I’ve got IBS. Saw a lovely dietitian and just by talking to her she told me I’m lactose intolerant and excess fructose intolerant.
And she was right, if I’m careful what I eat I have no problems.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 08:55:10 AM »

Mummy Clanger - Omeprazole can reduce the acid too much causing other problems.  What are you taking instead, I found 'Rennies' worked well or Milk of Magnesia