Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Period started whilst on cyclic Utrogestan  (Read 750 times)

Jasmine20

Period started whilst on cyclic Utrogestan
« on: January 25, 2021, 09:11:42 AM »

I started Estrogel/Utrogestan back in October and I'm on a sequi regime.

I still get monthly periods and was bleeding usually around day 25. After starting HRT, my cycle got longer and I started bleeding on day 30.

This month I'm on day 23 - so took the Utrogestan orally last night - and my period has started this morning.

Should I finish my 12 days of Utrogestan or just stop today?

sheila99

Re: Period started whilst on cyclic Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 02:45:02 PM »

I don't know the official answer but I stop the utro and start counting again with day 1 as the first day of the bleed. As long you get a proper bleed I think you're safe, I always have a heavier bleed when it's caused by my body rather than hrt. If you're able to tell when you ovulate you can start utro a day or two later so the hrt is in step with your own cycle. That's what I do (or rather did, have v few of my own now).

violetbat

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 06:41:51 PM »

I have had this many times since being on this combo. It's really frustrating. I have tried it both ways. I have stopped the utro as soon as my own period arrives. Last month my period came on the day i was supposed to start the utro so I didn't take any..
This month it came on day 7 of the utro. I decided to keep taking the utro. Needless to say I haven't had a withdrawal bleed.
I suspect my own hormones are currently overriding things. I do feel when my own progesterone levels are going up. i have no idea when I am going to bleed each month.

Jasmine20

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 08:05:40 AM »

Thanks sheila99 and violetbat - I actually spoke to my GP yesterday and she didn't have a clear answer either!