Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vagifem and vaginal dryness agony  (Read 4517 times)

Postmeno3

Re: Vagifem and vaginal dryness agony
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2021, 03:46:23 PM »

Wow, interesting! Is this the brand that helps you?

lancashirelass

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2021, 04:00:26 PM »

Yes and helps with dry eyes skin and hair

Postmeno3

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2021, 04:19:04 PM »

Do you know if this is the purest form? Am tempted to give it a go, but at nearly £40 a pack of 150, but 4 a day recommended for first two months, it needs to be tip-top quality? One pack, just over a month's supply? Thanks!

lancashirelass

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2021, 08:31:45 PM »

Healthspan sell it.cheaper

Postmeno3

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2021, 10:00:38 PM »

Great tip. Thanks. On order. 🤞

Nairn

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2021, 09:17:21 AM »

After years of vagifem and terrible dryness/pain/misery, have now switched to daily Ovestin and the difference is amazing.  The vagifem did not melt properly and so did not moisturise properly either - just left a sticky goo.   Now I use Ovestin at the maximum cream I can fit into the applicator and use at bedtime.  I apply as high up and as close to the cervix as as possible and the cream slowly absorbs and moves down which helps both inside and out. I’m also on Femonston Conti at max dose but that only gives 1mg of oestrogen which on its own is not enough, but it’s the only HRT preparation I can tolerate.   I also bathe every other night and add Bath oil into my bath - so that the area gets a good moisturise in water & I now make my own Bath oil with plain oil to which I add calming essential oils like lavender. 

It’s taken me years of trial and error, and a lot of pain, to get to this level of comfort and I still get flare ups so I hope this helps others. I also posted recently on which shower/both products work well - makes a huge difference as even a little bit of the wrong  shower gel can set me off again with dryness and then thrush.  The other thing which also affects it is laundry detergent.  I can only use non bio Bold capsules - Ariel and anything Bio is the worst of all.

Joaniepat

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2021, 09:42:00 AM »

Nice post Nairn! So good to hear you have got on top of things  :)
JP x

menowoman

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2021, 08:40:15 PM »

Evening i was using vagifem for about 4 years and it all worked well for the first 3 years after which all the symptoms returned with a vengeance and even 2 week loading and using evefy other night just wasnt working any longer. I had a conversation with the practice nurse who decided a change to 0.01 estriol cream might be better and she was right. Its quite messy and you have to use quite a lot but it suits me more than vagifem now. (Not sure why they didnt prescribe ovestin but hey ho)
Pages: 1 2 [3]