Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Unbearable period pain on hrt  (Read 5331 times)

Jaylow

Unbearable period pain on hrt
« on: January 02, 2021, 05:20:38 PM »

Before hrt I had migraines that lasted 3 days at the start of my period. Now, 3 years into hrt, the migraines are 95% better but I’m now getting awful stomach cramps and pain radiating down my leg. I can pinpoint the centre of the pain and it’s in the same place every time - right side around ovary / Fallopian tube area.
The last 4 months it’s been so bad I’ve been off my feet for at least 2 days in agony. I’m wondering if I should just come off hrt as I don’t think the benefits are outweighing the negatives for me. Is there a best time to stop during the cycle or can I just quit at any time?

sheila99

Re: Unbearable period pain on hrt
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 09:15:24 PM »

If you stop oestrogen when you start your bleed it will be the end of the cycle. Probably doesn't matter for the oestrogen though but I would continue the progesterone until the next bleed to clear out any build up. I would see your gp too, it may be an ovarian cyst rather than hrt causing it.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 12:41:02 AM »

Definitely see your GP about this. You need to check out the reason for this pain especially as you have been on HRT for quite a long time and this is a new symptom.

Taz x

Jaylow

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 02:34:41 PM »

Thank you.
Yes I think I should see gp, might have to wait a while for that now we’re in lockdown again.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 07:17:31 PM »

It's not like the first lockdown. Then dentists, opticians, physios etc had to close but they are still open and working normally. Your GP will still be seeing face to face patients after the initial triage over the phone. Give them a call and let us know

Taz x

Jaylow

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 07:09:42 PM »

Thank you, I will do