News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: .  (Read 1109 times)

Belle1

« on: January 01, 2021, 11:36:25 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:36:32 AM by Belle1 »

Gnatty

Re: HELP - Utrogestan bleeding won't stop!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 03:31:14 PM »

Hi Belle, if the bleeding isn't too heavy you could try vaginally at night and see if it helps. It might take a while though, and then if that doesn't work try the oral 200mg route. It isn't quite the same scenario but this is what I was recommended via the Newson clinic to try and reduce the severity of my periods. I take 100mg vaginally continuously, and yes they are a lot lighter but certainly haven't stopped. I would prefer not to take 200mg orally as I think the 100mg gave me indigestion when taken that way. The only other option is to go to the sequi regime, 200mg vaginally for 12 days. The problem I think is when changing HRT or amount of oestrogen, bleeding can be triggered which then takes a while to settle down. Which is annoying and at times unsettling.

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 07:44:14 PM »

Hi Belle
I am troubled by this. I take 100mg orally and 100mg vaginallly.
GP and Gynaecologist know about it and done checks, seems be getting worse, I think I am on day 18 of current bleed, what a pain.
I use 50mcg gel.
I feel for you it's a real pain in the neck.

In my very limited knowledge I doubt missing one tablet wouldn't cause so much bleeding but I am not expert.
Good that smear test was normal, nurse said everything looked healthy.

Mine's heavy, I dont know if I am getting paranoid but it seems to be getting heavier, used to be spotting but now its full on periods like heavy days when younger.

Utrogestan vaginally is not difficult to use.
I would see your doctor before changing hrt. That's just me.

I just want this to let up, doing all the right things, seen GP and gynaecologist have reassured me nothing sinister, but its a pain, could cope with spotting once the medics reassured me all ok but now, with the leaking, I wake up on a morning or during the night and it leaks out and need more pads these days.

Bottom line, have a chat with GP

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 11:00:00 PM »

Hi Dandelion

Thanks for your response, sorry to hear you are having these problems too! It's such a pain, just want the bleeding to stop. It doesn't sound as heavy as yours though.

I probably will speak to GP but wanted to try it vaginally or 200mg first. GP will probably do 2 week urgent referral and I don't want to get on that merry-go-round just now!

Hope you find a solution soon! At least it's nothing sinister.

Belle x
I can handle yellow discharge, even the brown stuff, I will update my GP in a few months.
Dunno why its getting heavier, hope I am not wishful thinking but I think this 17 day bleed is lightening up, hope so and hope it doesn't come back.
Glad its nothing sinister, but don't want anaemia and sick of wasting money on pads.
I cannot tell you what to do, however if it were me, I would see GP before changing the delivery route of your utro.
A 2 week urgent referral is good, I get sick of going to see the doctor as well, if that is what you mean, I can see why you are sick of going on the merry go round.
This is because I feel my bleeding is slowly getting heavier and heavier, I used to take 100mcg oestrogen and decreased twice, but the blooming blood keeps making an appearance, it used to stop for months, and then I would see the dreaded red on the tissue at wee.
I am afraid of going round in circles, ie, reduce gel again, sweat, stop bleeding for a bit, then bleeding starts again, stop gel altogether, flush and sweat and then bleed with no gel and bleeding eventually pooling or flooding.
I can't change utro cos its cross totlerna with the ruddy valium I am on and it will send me nuts.

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 06:00:39 PM »

Hi Belle, it would be nice if my periods stopped! I think my own hormones dominate even though I take progesterone continually. Reluctantly, I think I shall have to try sequential if they dont stop soon. It's been 6 months since I started HRT. I am unsure whether its a problem or not to continue having periods whilst on continuous regime.