Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleed before finished Utro ?  (Read 738 times)

lillith112

Bleed before finished Utro ?
« on: December 30, 2020, 07:03:14 AM »

Been on patches and 200mg utro for 12 days each cycle for a good year. Period has always come 2-3 days after utro has finished.
This month my period has come 2 days before I've even stopped the utro, 5 days early. Is this because my cycle has over powered the HRT ?. The last couple of months I have noticed increased fertile cervical mucus, the type you get at mid cycle ovulation, only I get it very early, starting day 5 of cycle ?.

Lillith.

sheila99

Re: Bleed before finished Utro ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 10:22:40 AM »

Probably. I find my own cycle is always stronger than the hrt cycle.

lillith112

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 09:27:20 PM »

Thanks Sheila, not sure if I've done the right thing but I've carried on taking the utro, last tablet tonight, it's no stopped the period though.  :o

Lillith.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »

I'm not sure if you should continue or not. I stop the utro if I bleed early. My theory (which could well be wrong!) is that I've produced enough progesterone of my own. Also it's the withdrawal that triggers the bleed so if you continue does that mean you'll have less of a bleed? Maybe it doesn't matter as long as it's a proper bleed. Confused.com.

violetbat

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 05:30:55 PM »

This month I started my own period the day I was due to start the utro. I have decided not to take the utro this month as I have had a good bleed and feel that adding yet another dose of progesterone to my body will send it haywire. So yes, my own cycle is obviously still at large intermittently and can override the HRT.

Sparkler

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 07:59:21 AM »

It’s difficult to know what to do. I bleed ( a very little) on day 8 or9 of Utro every month and never seem to have a ‘proper’ period. I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy in May to check everything was fine, and it was all ok, but the ongoing lack of bleeding does disturb me a little.

Sorry for the rambling, but the advice I have been given is to stick to the schedule for taking the Utro, so that my body is always able to bleed if it wants to. I have no idea if this is right but I feel ok and have been like this for well over a year now. I’ll be requesting another scan this Spring to check.

Sparkler.