Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anxious and overthinking  (Read 875 times)

pricey

Anxious and overthinking
« on: December 29, 2020, 09:26:26 PM »

So my ongoing presumed cervical polyp saga continues. Awaiting hysteroscopy in February..GP said she wasn't concerned hence non urgent referral, although I doubt she expected it to be a 3 month wait. I've explained whole saga in other threads, but have had 2 cyclical bleeds since the scan and withdrawal bleed from norethisterone  I've had traces of spotting in between, once after intimacy (although non penetrative)..The doctor had previously stated she felt perimenopause and my historically "horrid periods" were to blame with the suspected polyp likely causing intermittent bleeding and spotting. Since I've known about this, what with the extended bleeding and intermittent spotting, I've avoided sex mainly because I suspect I will bleed and that will worry me..However I didn't have any bleeding or spotting after intimacy for the 3 to 4 months prior to these issues starting and opportunities since then have been few and far between, so if it were to happen it would be a new development..My worry is, now that I am getting some bleed free days, if sex was to trigger bleeding or spotting would I need to make the doctor aware and be fast-tracked, or would this be expected given the suspected culprit and I have a date for hysteroscopy in a few weeks anyway?  Also with my erratic pattern it's not always apparent what has triggered it. It can be random. I'm overthinking everything,  none of it helped by our family having to isolate due to a positive Covid contact.

Can anyone who's experienced similar set my mind at ease?

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxious and overthinking
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 09:54:01 PM »

My polyp bled on contact for several years.  It shrunk at peri ....... if your GP isn't particularly worried then try not to stress. 

Yep.  Easy to over-think any issue health related. 

pricey

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 10:15:01 PM »

CLKD, you're such a consistent comfort. Thank you for listening and caring x :P

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 09:58:36 AM »

I'm as caring as possible.  I can share my experiences so that ladies can read, take what might be helpful and shelf the rest ;-)

:wub:  I'm probably older than many on here  ::)