Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Rhinitis / nasal problems  (Read 3577 times)

Julia45

Rhinitis / nasal problems
« on: December 28, 2020, 05:39:28 PM »

I’m trying to work out why I keep getting nasal fizziness, fatigue and slight eye pressure. The Dr said rhinitis - never had this before HRT (or before Covid).
Anyone rise get this more often since being on HRT?

Lalb1

Re: Rhinitis / nasal problems
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 07:41:24 PM »

I get recurrent rhinitis/sinusitis symptoms and have for over 2 years now. I didn't think much of it initially. But now figured out that the recurring sinus problems are worse certain parts of my cycle.
I'm not currently on HRT but when I was briefly it didn't make any difference.
I also get the dizziness in my nose, eye pressure, runny nose, strange smells, fatigue and a weird pressure feeling up my nose. I also get a cough when it's bad. Have had far too many courses of antibiotics when it's flared enough to cause all the yucky stuff. But I try and get through it with nasal sprays and steam inhalation now.
I had suspected covid back in March and my nose and sinus issues were weird for a good few months after then. But now it just seems like it always was. 🙄

Julia45

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 09:05:17 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I also have patches of eczema since being on HRT. It’s odd...like a histamine intolerance tfat started after HRT and Covid.

If I stop the HRT I’ll have the anxiety and weepiness back!

Last year I was fighting fit and fine! Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 09:27:26 AM »

Allergic rhinitis is common in all age groups.  I've suffered since the 1970s [20s] and have resorted to 'beconase' spray in recent weeks.  Even hoovering the mattress etc. hasn't relieved the symptoms.  Spray helps. 

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 09:48:46 AM »

Hi. I suffer from bad rhinitis. Have do e all my life. I'm on waiting list for an op to help.

Just a word of warning. Be careful with the nose sprays. I was using one daily this year, took me 3 months to realise it was the spray that was drying out my sinuses avd giving me sinus pressure and pain. I think they are useful... In the short term.

X

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 10:01:04 AM »

Hello ladies.

I was prescribed a nasal spray some time ago and the GP said it shouldn't be used long term. I honestly can't remember why but perhaps a Pharmacist would be able to explain the reason and suggest alternatives.

Sorry I can't be of more help but take care ladies.

K.

Emerson

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 01:10:52 AM »

Yep. Suffered on and off all my life - alcohol used to set it off too. Definitely worse atm. Stuffed up one minute, dripping list a tap the next. Getting me down. Probably hormonal.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 02:17:21 PM »

Hi I was diagnosed by ENT a few years ago with non allergenic rhinitis. He gave me some Flixonase spray and advised to use Sterimar Breathe Easy saline spray. I didn't like the Flixonase and know the dangers of using them for too long, so didn't continue with it.

My nose runs all the time, I get sores inside the nostrils sometimes for which I have Naseptin (antibiotic) cream and have constant thick mucus in my throat (post nasal drip??) and a hoarse voice.
I am fed up with it and sometimes when I blow my nose there is a trace of blood, so my nasal passages must be inflamed. Am on HRT but doesn't seem to make any difference as it just doesn't go away.
Am just using the saline spray and vaseline inside the tip of my nose.

Anyone any more natural remedies??

Lamplighter

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 11:49:25 PM »

Hello, funnily enough for me the blocked stuffy and runny nose (how contradictory!) happens when I'm off HRT, HRT seems to improve it (the dryness, as with the eyes and mouth and every other body part too).  I've been prescribed a spray that actually does seem to help and is one you can apparently use ad infinitum - it's called Mometasone, but I tend to only use it as a last resort, my way of getting some sleep (in amongst all the other things that get in the way of a decent night's sleep) is to use Breathe Right strips - strips that you stick across your nose to widen the passages (it's for snoring originally I think).  They really help and are completely natural.  I suppose you could use them during the day too, but they can look a bit odd stuck like a plaster across the nose   ;)

Calmity1972

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 02:02:26 PM »

@julia45

Never had any allergies or sinus problems until HRT - absolutely convinced its connected to my HRT.  Now have constant dry/stuffy and constant pain in my cheeks and eyes. I am on femoston and the weeks when I am on estrogen only it is worse.

Have you managed to find a solution or compromise? I get relief from Sterimar Stop & Protect Cold and Sinus Relief (not the ordinary one) but I would love a longer term understanding or solution; infact i'd just love to feel like my old self! ???