Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 8361 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2022, 07:29:12 PM »

I would hate to lose my hearing  :'(

If U ring the Records Dept they will know who you saw in the ENT Dept., or ring the secretary directly so that she can look up your notes. 

Cazikins

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2022, 03:02:06 PM »

I have no number to phone because I had no letter. The original appt was arranged through A &E with a letter to give to the doctor who saw me. I was told that their ENT depression would contact me. Then the GP rang me and asked me to let him know if I got no follow up.

I had done a hearing test at a local clinic for removing ear wax. I showed the ENT doctor the results but he wanted to do a further test.

Any news Katejo? hopefully you have been contacted by now but if not ring the hospital's main telephone number & ask for the E.N.T. departments extension number & take it from there (i.e. kick some asses  ;D)

Cazi x

Katejo

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2022, 08:36:44 PM »

I have no number to phone because I had no letter. The original appt was arranged through A &E with a letter to give to the doctor who saw me. I was told that their ENT depression would contact me. Then the GP rang me and asked me to let him know if I got no follow up.

I had done a hearing test at a local clinic for removing ear wax. I showed the ENT doctor the results but he wanted to do a further test.

Any news Katejo? hopefully you have been contacted by now but if not ring the hospital's main telephone number & ask for the E.N.T. departments extension number & take it from there (i.e. kick some asses  ;D)

Cazi x
Not good news! I have still got nowhere with the hospital despite asking my GP to chase it again.  My attempt to ring ENT got no answer. This week I paid for a private appt. with an ENT consultant on Harley St. My suspicion was confirmed.  The GP or hospital consultant should have given me a steroid course but this has to happen within 2 to 4 weeks of the hearing loss. I am taking the steroids now but it is probably too late. I am fairly sure that I have a permanent hearing loss.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]