Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Colicky pelvic pain in peri-menopause  (Read 1649 times)

Missy2626

Colicky pelvic pain in peri-menopause
« on: December 23, 2020, 12:38:54 AM »

Hi Ladies...Happy Holidays to all!!

I’m 53 and still pre-menopausal.  My periods have still been relatively regular, with just a few late months.  Have any of you out there experienced a colicky type of pelvic pain in between periods, almost like an ovarian type pain?

I’m experiencing that pain now, after just ending my period.  Three months ago I experienced the same pain and my doctor sent me for a pelvic ultrasound, which showed a non functional cyst.  A repeat ultrasound five weeks later showed cyst had disappeared and all was perfectly normal.  So here I am again with that same colicky pain sensation....sometimes it can feel like a sharper pain, but mostly just a light crampy sensation throughout the day.

Thanks in advance for your input and
any words of encouragement!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Colicky pelvic pain in peri-menopause
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 09:30:57 AM »

Morning.  If it is cyclic it's unlikely to be anything serious as you have had the scans.  I was never aware of ovulation.  I did have painful clotty periods though  :'(

Is it bad enough to take pain relief?

Missy2626

Re: Colicky pelvic pain in peri-menopause
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 12:31:46 PM »

Good morning and thank you!!  Yes, I usually take ibuprofen and that sometimes helps with the pain...I have fibromyalgia, so I usually take ibuprofen daily for the pain associated with that (makes we wonder whether there’s a strange connection with my fibromyalgia and the pelvic pain...?!)