Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Replens  (Read 1021 times)

Jac

Replens
« on: December 20, 2020, 05:18:33 PM »

Hi all.
My GP has just prescribed me this as I wasnt having much benefit from Yes (I'm also on vagifem), but I've started spotting alot, I did with this a year ago when I tried this once before, is that normal, does anyone else experience it?
TIA xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Replens
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 08:02:29 PM »

Replens won't ease vaginal atrophy causation.  It can be purchased over the counter.  It didn't help me years ago and I found it messy.

Up the 'vagifem' to every night for as long as required.  Have a lookC at the 'yes' and 'sylc' websites too, some ladies find that as well as VA treatment really helps.

The spotting may well be due to dryness and lack of oestrogen. Let us know how you get on.

CherrySG

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 02:33:06 AM »

Actually I occasionally use Replens and had spotting with it recently. I was a bit concerned but thought maybe just some old blood.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 09:36:59 AM »

It has lots of additives.

Jac

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 01:33:23 PM »

Thanks all.
I am re loading with the vagifem, on day 10. I've tried the Yes and it really stung, GP said she'd heard it can on some ladies so rx Replens just to help as a moisturiser in addition to Vagifem. It's not messy like Yes so I imagine it is being absorbed better...... but I am spotting and its brown 🤦‍♀️

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 01:40:43 PM »

Spotting is often common, brown is blood that's been left behind.  2 days after a period stopped I would get a day of brown staining.  It was normal for me so I never worried.

Let us know how you get on?

Jac

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 01:50:29 PM »

Thanks CLKD I havent had a period for about 8 months though, just seemed strange as I'd just started using Replens and it happened, hadn't ever happened with Yes. I'll see how it goes 😊