Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 18 years on HRT, scann and now a bleed!!  (Read 3607 times)

skkb

Re: 18 years on HRT, scann and now a bleed!!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 10:22:20 AM »

Hi, had my gynaecologist telecon this morning, nice lady, went through the relevant information with her. She thinks the bleed was due to messing with my HRT but for my peace of mind she is sending me for a hysteroscopy, appointment should be in 2/3 weeks time so I’m happy with that. No more bleeding to date thankfully.

Now getting cystitis symptoms not burning, just lower mild tummy pain, urine tested, no infection.....always something.....just have the feeling of wanting to pee constantly, that feeling of bladder pressure. So is this separate or related. Looks like another GP surgery call. Could be stress and anxiety I suppose 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Uptick

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 02:24:15 PM »

Hi skkb, hard to know but I always had these symptoms when I had a bleed, I think that having to wear pads or tampons can predispose to local irritation and inflammation.

skkb

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 09:01:44 AM »

I’ve spoken to the hospital this morning, really wanted reassurance regarding my appointment tomorrow. Very nice lady, said I should attend, many have cancelled!!! I asked about taking pain relief beforehand and how many people I’d come into contact with etc.  I don’t have to go into the main body of the hospital and enter through maternity.....they don’t have any COVID patients in that part of the building. I’m still anxious but think I will attend taking every possible precaution I can. Hope I’m doing the right thing  :o

Deeble

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 10:38:41 AM »

Hi skkb- all the best for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Xx

Uptick

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 12:51:17 PM »

Good luck from me too. Keep us posted.

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 12:56:14 PM »

Hi again skkb  - sorry I didn't respond to your message in late December. Have been really busy with family (still am) and haven't been on here much, but now we're completely locked down I've got a bit more time!

Just to say re pain relief if I haven't said before. My instructions were to take 2 paracetamol and 2 Ibuprofen an hour before the appointment time - and I didn't feel a thing. I also will have had a good registrar/consultant doing it. It was suggested I continue with the painkillers afterwards (I think) if if any subsequent pain felt. I can't remember if I had any spotting but I do remember I drove myself there and back so was all fine!

All the best :)

Hurdity x

skkb

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 03:39:05 PM »

Wow thanks Hurdity.....drove yourself, excellent, you obviously felt ok then. I have 500mg paracetamol and 500mg ibuprofen and do you think one of each should suffice? Be glad when it’s all done x

skkb

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2021, 06:38:41 PM »

Arrived at the hospital at 3pm left by 3.22pm, contact only with two members of the team....really good. All good, healthy uterus, just a small polyp to be removed at a later appointment. Biopsy taken. Told the appointment wouldn’t be long coming through as “they’re not doing much at the moment “ ......I had previously been told that many had cancelled as too scared to go to hospital!! Relaxed now 🤗

Deeble

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 06:58:50 PM »

Hi Skkb
Good for you and hurrah that all went well.
Enjoy your evening. X

skkb

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 09:36:12 PM »

Thankyou so much Deeble x

Cazikins

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »

Hi skkb, so many, many of us on here going through similar things at the moment.
Fantastic news that your uterus is healthy & it's all being sorted out.
Did the pain killers that Hurdity mentioned help with the pain of the procedure? I'm having a hysteroscopy soon & need something before hand as I usually end up screaming like a banshee   :D
Love Cazi xx  :cat48: :cat48:

skkb

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2021, 01:00:07 PM »

Cazikins I took a 500g paracetamol and a 500g ibuprofen one hour before my appointment. I can honestly say I didn’t feel anything.....only a slight “tug” as the probe went through the cervix!! Nurse kept chatting to me and said do “deep breathing”. Hopefully it’ll be similar when they remove the polyp, not sure what that procedure entails. Certainly didn’t feel the biopsy either, minimal scant bleeding and no tummy cramps 👍

skkb

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2021, 03:45:50 PM »

Letter arrived today with an appointment to remove the polyp....Friday 19th March at 8.15am!! So that’s good. Long letter explaining the procedure, which doesn’t sound fun, I’ll be given “strong painkillers” and also an injection into my cervix.....can’t wait 🥴🤦‍♀️

Cazikins

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2021, 02:30:17 PM »

I reckon I'll get high if I have para & ibup  ;D ;D. I'm going to take them though, it sounds like they jelped you skkb. Thanks for the tip.
Injection into the cervix.... ouch, ouch & ouch again. It hurts just thinking about it.
Fingers crossed it all goes well for you.
Cazi xx

skkb

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2021, 02:49:41 PM »

The hysteroscopy wasn’t painful at all but reading through the info sent for the next appointment, removing the polyp, sound like a whole different ball game. They say I’ll be given STRONG painkillers and will wait about an hour for them to kick in and also might need an injection into the cervix which I shouldn’t feel as I don’t think the cervix has nerve endings.....but doesn’t sound great, then could get bleeding afterwards, pain and cramps......joy 🤦‍♀️
Pages: 1 [2]