Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Biopsy for Uterine wall thickening - Terrified  (Read 1912 times)

Red Fox

Biopsy for Uterine wall thickening - Terrified
« on: December 02, 2020, 10:41:39 AM »

I have recently had a womb scan which showed large fibroids but also, apparently, womb thickening.

My consultant's secretary told me that I would need a biopsy in "a couple of weeks" although I have been referred for an "urgent MRI scan" this coming Saturday. My consultant will not be talking with me about any of this before my tests and I am frankly terrified of the results.

Naturally I am starting to consider my mortality and am terrified I have womb cancer. I am 55 and there is no family history of this except I am overweight (not obese) and am on HRT for 3.5 years now (Femoston 1/10mg)

After endlessly researching I'm thinking it could be Endometrial Hyperplasia which can take three forms simple, complex or atypical.

My head is spinning and it's hard to function - I'm wondering how to get through the next couple of weeks and keep a brave face in front of my daughters who doubtless would be very upset if they thought I had any chance of cancer.

Has anyone else been in this situation? How long does biopsy results take?

Thank you - you've all been so kind on this forum.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 03:34:46 PM by Red Fox »

Red Fox

Re: Biopsy for Uterine wall thickening - Terrified
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 11:10:58 AM »

Hi Red Fox hope you're ok today. When I had my first biopsy in 2016 for suspected breast cancer it was a fortnight when I went for the results and I'd say that's an average time. I've had two more since for kidneys and they were about the same amount of time. Everything will explained very carefully to you and chances are you will be absolutely fine. Be thinking of you.x

Thank you Teresa x

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 12:19:07 AM »

How are you holding up today Red Fox?

I know nothing seems to help at a time like this, but just keep telling yourself that you'll soon be on the other side of the scan, etc and you'll have answers and in most cases things are fine or benign, even when something has to be investigated.  You also sound relatively healthy being a bit overweight is nothing. 

I know it's really a hard time, been there with a breast biopsy, which took a week to come back, just keep telling yourself that while it's all uncertain, all the right things are being done.  Hang in there.

Red Fox

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 03:29:38 PM »

Thank you Birdy x

Red Fox

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 03:33:25 PM »

How are you holding up today Red Fox?

I know nothing seems to help at a time like this, but just keep telling yourself that you'll soon be on the other side of the scan, etc and you'll have answers and in most cases things are fine or benign, even when something has to be investigated.  You also sound relatively healthy being a bit overweight is nothing. 

I know it's really a hard time, been there with a breast biopsy, which took a week to come back, just keep telling yourself that while it's all uncertain, all the right things are being done.  Hang in there.

I'm holding up ok KaraShannon - messages like yours make things so much easier to cope with, knowing I'm not alone and your words are very kind. I have three things to get through 1) MRI tomorrow, not worried about the process 2) Biopsy on Tuesday - doesn't sound particularly pleasant but I'll deal with it 3) the results - that's the bit I'm most worried about.

But I'll have to be very grown up about it all and keep telling myself chances are, it'll be ok.

Thank you so much x

KaraShannon

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 02:57:38 AM »

I found it helped with all my tests and biopsy etc, to 'break it down' into bits and somehow deal with one bit at a time.  Of course I was still worried about what it all meant, etc, but at least I was able to switch into relax mode for a period of time before I knew I had to address the next step.

Hope you get some time for relaxation after the MRI is done, and do some nice things.

All the best :-)

Red Fox

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 12:40:28 PM »

I found it helped with all my tests and biopsy etc, to 'break it down' into bits and somehow deal with one bit at a time.  Of course I was still worried about what it all meant, etc, but at least I was able to switch into relax mode for a period of time before I knew I had to address the next step.

Hope you get some time for relaxation after the MRI is done, and do some nice things.

All the best :-)

Thanks again! I am doing similar in breaking this down into stages - the MRI was ok - bit weird but I went in feet first which helped against any claustrophobia! Tuesday doesn't sound very nice with womb biopsy - but am feeling calmer and more balanced about things in general.

I really have very much appreciated your comments - you've been so helpful!

Red Fox x

KaraShannon

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 12:03:42 AM »

Red Fox, how are you doing?

I can't believe that amount of time has gone past.  Hope you're ok!  :)