Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan on its own?  (Read 747 times)

pricey

Utrogestan on its own?
« on: November 25, 2020, 08:50:36 PM »

Hello, I posted this as a response on another thread, but I'm looking for advice. Silly question maybe, but is it possible to take utrogestan without oestrogen?  I've always seemed low in progesterone (spotting in early pregnancy and short post ovulatory phase). My uterine scan showed a suspected cervical polyp after 12 weeks of bleeding. After a course of norethisterone that made me feel rotten, I had a really heavy bleed and then (hurray) went over a month before having what has felt like a proper period (preceded by low mood and sore breasts). This has been light but I'm now on day 11. I have not been on HRT for 4 months now. My hysteroscopy date is February and my GP wants to hold off giving me more HRT until then. She's also not available for an appointment at the moment. I have lots of utrogestan left. Would there be merit in taking a course of this as a trial if this bleeding drags on? The norethisterone definitely seemed to help but the side effects were awful. I'm desperate for some help while I wait this out. I'm 55 and coping pretty well without oestrogen.in terms of flushes etc.

Thanks for your help.