Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: return of the night sweats and now the added joy of body buzzing  (Read 951 times)

violetbat

return of the night sweats and now the added joy of body buzzing
« on: November 23, 2020, 07:07:03 AM »

I have been on the gel/utro combo for a year.
Initially 2 pumps worked like a dream. A couple of months ago the night sweats returned and I upped my dose to three pumps. It has made no difference.

Now I have basically a buzzing in different parts of my body that comes on just before the sweats start( I don't actually sweat just get  hot from my hips up to my neck). It's an internal buzzing and comes in a rhythmical pattern almost. When the sweats subside so does the buzzing.
I feel utterly miserable with lack of sleep.
I will up my dose to 4 pumps from today.
I have been practising yoga and mindfulness for the last month and that is helping, but not at night.
I know I need to cut right down on the alcohol.
Does anyone else get this buzzing?

jaypo

Re: return of the night sweats and now the added joy of body buzzing
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 08:30:15 AM »

Hi violetbat, I personally don't get the buzzing but a lot of ladies on here do,one I talk to gets it in her legs and it's scary but all part of the meno path but talk to your dr if you're worried,maybe your hrt needs adjusted to a higher dose as your oestrogen will naturally continue to fall

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »

Hello violetbat

My trusty meno book describes sensations such as  trembling, fluttering and unease.  This has been a constant symptom for me and the feelings can be pretty intense,  there is usually a flush mixed in as well and sometimes they disappear and I feel so much better and calmer. Definitely a meno symptom so low oestrogen must be the cause.

Hopefully this helps.

Take care.

K.

violetbat

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 09:24:55 PM »

Thanks for the reassurance. In the past the buzzing would only happen occasionally. At times I thought I was sleeping next to the spin on a washing machine!
It has an odd rhythmical  pattern too.
I have laid of any alcohol now and I hope that that might help too.