Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Headache returned with a vengeance  (Read 1369 times)

shrosphirelass

Headache returned with a vengeance
« on: November 20, 2020, 01:47:08 PM »

I went on HRT mainly for bad cyclic headaches. To cut a long story short having changed to evorel conti they were much improved and I rarely had more than background headaches. This week however I have the worst headache Ive experienced in a long time. Its day 3 and I just don't know what to do. I can't sleep as the pain is too bad. Ive tried paracetamol, ibprofen, sudafed and nothing has made any difference. It stared off feeling like the skin was too tight on my forehead and was pounding but now it feels like sinus pressure, but I haven't had a virus (previous headaches always felt like sinuses but dr said they were more likely to be migraine). The only slight relief was when I did a steam inhalation. Any movement hurts, especially bending down, looking at a screen is not helpful but I need to do something to try to distract myself, noise makes it worse too. Anyone any suggestions of anything I can try for relief. Clutching at staws here.

Ive not felt great recently with increase in stomach issues, dizziness and constant bleeding.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Headache returned with a vengeance
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:55:23 PM »

Ring a Pharmacist to see if there is anything over the counter than can be delivered to you, or which combinations you are able to take and how often.  It may even be sinus problems if you are having pains when bending over.  If possible keep hydrated.  Screen work won't help  :-\

SunnyH

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 09:55:47 PM »

I have similar issues but I also get nausea and vertigo at the same time. I have found benadryl antihistamine very helpful together with ibuprofen. It is also nytol. Take it at night and it should reduce the sinusnpain and help you to sleep.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 09:03:45 AM »

I dread intense headaches having had both sinusitis and trigeminal neuralgia

Any improvement ?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 12:15:49 PM »

Still bad. I ordered some beconase nasal spray so will try that. I use it in the summer as since peri my headaches seem to be worse in the hayfever season. Hoping it kicks in in the next few days.  I think its going to have to be a tv day as any movement hurts. Thanks both.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 12:57:48 PM »

Get plenty of fluids down you.  Feet up, TV on ......... as long as it isn't flashing?  Doze if you can.