Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hormone levels  (Read 979 times)

Baby

Hormone levels
« on: November 19, 2020, 07:48:10 PM »

Hi all. I wonder if anyone can comment on my hormone levels. I am 52 and think post meno. Progesterone <0.6 nmo1/L                                                                                                                       Serum FSH 10.7 IU/L                                                                                                                                Serum oestradiol level 290 pmo/L

These were taken when I was on 2mg elleste HRT.

Baby

Re: Hormone levels
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »

Bump anyone. X

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 07:34:39 PM »

Baby, your progesterone level is very low which is to be expected if you are not taking body identical progesterone every day.   Your FSH level suggests your HRT is working (if you were not using HRT it would be higher than that) and your oestrogen is at the minimum level required for bone protection etc.

Are you getting symptom relief?

My oestrogen level is about the same as yours and I have complete symptom relief but I would have needed significantly more than that years ago.

I hope that helps.

Baby

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 11:27:56 AM »

I have recently changed to everol sequi. Into my second month. Have recently been in a mental health hospital and am on quite a few new drugs for anxiety panic attacks. I do feel a little better but don't know if it's a combination of the new HRT and meds. Who knows. Mornings are still panicky but my mood has been slightly better and does seem to lift as the day goes on. Panic anxiety and exhaustion are my worst symptons. Am due to start the conti part of the HRT next week so will see how my mood is then. If I feel worse on it I think I will take the everol patch with utro vaginally. Or maybe ask for the 75 patch. It's just i have been poorly for 18 months and it's just so hard to know if it's more of a mental health problem or a combination of both with menopause.x

Baby

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 11:31:02 AM »

I am nearly 53 and believe peri started in 2014 but symptons really ramped up 18 months ago. It was really interesting in the hospital . I met three ladies in there who started to have serious problems with the start of meno.

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 07:40:46 PM »

Baby, going by my own experience and with the benefit of hindsight, I have an unsubstantiated theory that menopause problems are mostly caused by generic hormone instability and massive surges.  Therefore, I'm not at all surprised that the women you mentioned found that their problems started at the onset of the menopause.

My silent migraines started when my hormone levels started falling and it was in fact the fall in progesterone levels than kicked the whole thing off.   I now know that progesterone protected me from the oestrogen spikes which caused my migraines - that is why I did not have migraines pre menopause.   I believe this same process is responsible for the increase in acute anxiety that so many women experience in peri menopause.  Obviously oestrogen plays a huge part as well but it has to be balanced.

I hope your new regime works out.