Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help! Can't get my HRT dosage correct to suit my symptoms  (Read 928 times)

pamabz

Help! Can't get my HRT dosage correct to suit my symptoms
« on: November 18, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »

Hello everyone,
I've been struggling this past while to get my HRT dosage correct, to try and get my menopause symptoms under control.
I'm currently on Evorel 50 patch with mirena coil fitted.  Long story short but I'm trying to get my head and face pain under control and I do believe (through lots of trial and error) that my estrogen levels play a big part in contributing to my pain.

During the summer when lockdown eased in my area, I started going for accupuncture in an effort to wean off nerve medication which I feel I don't need.  After a few sessions, I discovered that Evorel 50 full dosage became too high for me and when I reduced my HRT patch the symptoms improved! (not gone but definitely better)  However, half a patch is not enough for me so I hover somewhere in the middle, hence my dilemma!

I can't seem to get the dosage right no matter how I try.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so, did you manage to find a solution?  I'm debating about trying other estrogen options but scared to change the brand in case it makes me worse or doesn't agree with me.

Would be very grateful for any advice, thanks in advance. X

sheila99

Re: Help! Can't get my HRT dosage correct to suit my symptoms
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 10:56:09 PM »

Three quarters of a patch? You could use a template so you get the same each time. Whilst oestrogel is useful for changing the dose if you have part pumps it easy to get the same amount each time. Or evorel 25 patch and a part pump.

pamabz

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 10:00:48 AM »

Hello Birdy and Sheila,
Thank you so much for replying.  For a while, I was using my finished patch as a template and it was working but now when I put on 3/4's it's too much but half is still not enough so I'm stuck in the middle of the two and I've wasted a few patches trying to get it right  :( it's a bit frustrating so I guess Oestrogel would be a good option for me. 
Can I just confirm, I can use the patch and the pump together?  I only stick a patch on twice a week, but would I top up with the Oestrogel every day?  Sorry, complete newbie with the pump option. 
Also, are both estrogens the same in the patch and pump?  I think I've read before that some brands suit people more than others but not sure why?
Thank you for your time and help, much appreciated X

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 01:15:49 PM »

Sorry, typo. I meant to say it ISN'T easy to get the same dose each time with part pumps. 25mg patch is roughly equivalent to 1 pump but as they're different you may find you need either more or less. Get a ruler and try 2/3 patch? I know it's a pain but once you have a template it might be easier that part pumps. If you use gel you should apply it every day. I don't think anyone knows why one product suits you but not another, if we could tell before we used them it would make it much easier.