Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Extreme bloating  (Read 1056 times)

Flan747

Extreme bloating
« on: November 15, 2020, 10:47:00 AM »

I have had severe bloating over the last few days. It is making me feel extremely uncomfortable and miserable. No change to diet, have suffered gut issues during perimenopause but never this extreme. I am week 7 of having mire a coil fitted, could it be anything to do with that?
Any self remedies that I could try to reduce the swelling?

Perinowpost

Re: Extreme bloating
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 12:48:31 PM »

Hi Flan747

Definitely the coil I would say.  It happened to me when I had one fitted.  I went back to normal when I had it removed. Some women don’t seem to be affected by it, and some do. I (unfortunately) am one of the latter, and blow up when I use any from of progesterone. I was the same with tibilone and am the same with utrogestan, but because I only use that for a short span it is manageable.

Hope this helps x

KBallinger

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 01:08:35 PM »

I would say it’s the coil. I suffered a really swollen belly. I thought it was water retention but my consultant told me it was actually gas and it can affect some women who are sensitive to progestin. The Jaydess Coil which had less hormones still did the same. X

Flan747

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 01:20:55 PM »

Oh really what a shame everything else has settled! I didn’t get on with Utrogestron at all! Is there a next step? Anything else I can try ? Any thoughts appreciated

Flan747

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 06:36:18 PM »

Would it be worth having it removed and seeing if it settles! The bloating is unbearable today I feel so uncomfortable I can’t eat much which is very unlike me!