Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Stomach issues  (Read 889 times)

shrosphirelass

Stomach issues
« on: November 07, 2020, 11:56:15 AM »

I have been having problems with my stomach for the last two weeks. It's a general uncomfortable feeling with a lot of wind. I'm struggling to eat all my dinner as I get too bloated and have already lost 2 pounds, which I can't afford to lose. These issues are also accompanied with low grade background headaches. I have also been experiencing bleeding and some cramping. Does this sound like hormones? I'm on HRT and had similar issues before I started / increased the dose. At the time I had a CT colonoscopy which came back clear. I'm reluctant to go to the drs as I don't want investigations during covid unless absolutely necessary. The bleeding is being monitored and is an ongoing issue since starting evorel conti 8 months ago. A scan showed a small fibroid, a possible polyps and the lining is ok.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 12:01:42 PM by shrosphirelass »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stomach issues
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 03:34:35 PM »

My polyp bled on contact and frizzled at peri  ::).  What does it say in the leaflet in the box with the Evorel?  or mayB put the name into the search box here?  Make notes.  If you are still producing oestrogen naturally could it impact on the HRT?

Stop the cod liver oil [see other thread] ?

When I had irritable bowel syndrome - for 15 years B4 it was diagnosed.  Each afternoon I needed to undo the zip on my skirt and by the time T-time arrived I was unable to eat/drink anything as I felt so sick. My GP prescribed medication: Colpermin peppermint capsules and Motillium [I think] to swallow within an hour of each main meal.  I needed 3 Motillium each time in order for it to work as well as a Colpermin capsule - sometimes my poo smelt of peppermint  :D

Do you eat fast as that will induce wind to get trapped.  U R hydrated? as not having enough liquids can cause headaches.  As can sleeping too deeply or not enough. 

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 07:44:19 PM »

Im pretty good about my eating habits. Ive had stomach issues on and off so done lots of research over the years and have managed to slow down my eating somewhat. I also drink lots of water. I had peppermint capsules prescribed 18 months ago but I couldn't tolerate the burping pepermint and nausea. I'm hoping it's just hormones and nothing more serious, but even so, I don't want to lose any more weight. I have been quite stressed lately which proably is also a factor.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 08:04:23 PM »

Cod liver oil which you mention in another thread has stomach issues as the main side effect. Heartburn, flatulence and loose stools are common. It can also affect the  blood clotting mechanism in higher doses. Have a Google. This may be what's causing your discomfort?

Taz x