Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Breast pain  (Read 1997 times)

Pumpkin55

Breast pain
« on: November 06, 2020, 06:16:44 PM »

Hello lovely forum people, just wondering .... what kind of breast pain have you experienced during/after menopause? Stabbing/shooting/throbbing/intermittent? From within? On the side? With certain movements? Thanks in advance! :-) x

jaypo

Re: Breast pain
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 07:41:12 PM »

Yes,had all of the above  ;D
Breast tissue changes all the time,cysts can form and they can feel sore sometimes,also before a period,my boobs would hurt soooooo much and would get all lumpy and bumpy. Cysts are harmless and very common,they can be grape size and move around under your fingers.
Have you any concerns?

Jeepers

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 09:54:22 PM »

Hi pumpkin

I agree with jaypo, all of the things you mention.plus —  Tenderness on touch, zapping, burning pain.  Sometimes I’m not even sure if it’s breast or chest pain!

At the moment light pressing gives a pain like the boob is bruised, although it isn’t.

Are you having problems at the moment?

Jeepers xx

Pumpkin55

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »

Hello Jaupo and Jeepers, thanks for answering (xx) and sorry for late reply - I'm not receiving notifications of replies (any idea how I do?). Yes, I'm suffering :-(. Had mammo in Feb, my breasts have always been really dense and lumpy so GPs can't work out what on earth is going on! I've had so many consults and ultrasounds etc over the years.  I was used to perimenopausal pain before periods but this pain is different (although typically, as Im seeing the consultant tomorrow, it's gone today) and I've had it for 2-3 weeks. It's so tricky with breasts - you don't want to be negligent, but you don't want to be seeing docs all the time either. Currently I'm plagued with horrendous allergies too! The body being itchy and eczema-ridden from time to time, I can cope with, but for the past year I've had weird inflammations around eyes coming and going (not eczema) and it's horrible because it's really awful looking when it happens. Anyway, I'll create a new post about that as I'm interested in how many other people are on antihistamines when they have never been before.

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 06:35:39 PM »

Allergies can heighten during meno,yet another lovely symptom,hoorah
I too get shooting pains but if you look around the forum,it's all quite common,the breasts change from week to week,check yourself thoroughly,get to know all the lumps and bumps,it's hard rigid ones that are nasty and never feel bad about asking your dr.
Look up breast lumps NHS site it's really informative

Nicki S

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 07:09:03 PM »

Can totally relate to this as well. Sporadic pain, tingling, at the side, sometimes both breasts. It does feel like nips tbh, never warrants taking paracetamol though, never lasts very long, sometimes 2 seconds!! They don't hurt to touch and they feel totally normal. Weird!

Lalb1

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 09:44:38 PM »

I've started noticing one breast hurts more than the other. Also noticed today when I walked to the shop that been out in the cold made that breast sore and tender. Was fine in the shop and when got back home.