Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT patches and hot baths  (Read 6914 times)

Smina

• First Flush
HRT patches and hot baths
« on: October 29, 2020, 04:39:20 PM »

I’ve heard that HRT patches and hot baths don’t go well together. Is it true that a hot bath makes the patch obsolete snd you end up with hrt going into your body?  I’ve found that I’ve got vaginal dryness and bleeding on Everol Conti when I shouldn’t be bleeding. What’s been your experience?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT patches and hot baths
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »

Hi!  I think that ladies put the patch on after the bath with careful drying so that it doesn't slip?  I don't think that any HRT will be spread around ....... If you have vaginal dryness ask for either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' - we have threads about bladder issues and vaginal atrophy so have a read.  Make notes  ;)

:welcomemm:

Salad

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 08:02:05 PM »

I have at least one hot bath a day and have never had a problem with my current patch. The only problem I’ve had in the past is bathing affecting the adhesive on a patch so it peeled up at the edges - i

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 12:43:26 AM »

No problems here either after 13 years on patches. Hot baths and showers make no difference. Sunlight on the patch is to be avoided though.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 09:35:59 AM »

OK I see you posed  a similar question on the oestrogel thread and I answered it there (about the bath). If you are bleeding on Evorel conti and you are well past the 6 months settling in period of time when bleeding or spotting is to be expected, and if you are post-menopausal, then you should consult your doc. However given what I said in my other post - if the hot bath is causing some variation in levels for you then this itself could cause some sort of bleeding or spotting. Vaginal dryness is a separate issue and as such should be treated separately - nothing to do with the baths.

Hurdity x