Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 733 times)

Flan747

Advice please
« on: October 29, 2020, 08:17:02 AM »

Advice please
I have been on Sandrena 4mg now for 8 weeks things started to settle for a while but in the last few days I have had a really bad headache and some anxiety issues! Could it be that now I have been on it for 8 weeks it is balanced in my body and now maybe too high a dose ? I Also have the Mirena coil. I know blood tests are not very accurate but would it be worth getting one to see if I am now at a higher level as I was on 6 pumps Estrogel and only got up to274
Any suggestions welcomed

Hurdity

Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 08:46:58 AM »

Hi Flan 747 - sorry to hear about your headache. It could of course have other causes? Like you say it might be worth getting a blood tests for oestrogen to see what your levels are now if the reason for the very high dose was lack of absorption, although as I expect you know blood tests are not very accurate and only measure levels at one point in time. If you have a test make sure the blood is not taken from the part of the body where you apply the gel and ideally wait a few hours eg if you apply the gel in the morning have the blood test in the afternoon or something? If you have recently had the Mirena coil fitted then there could be some side effects from the progestogen and hopefully these wil settle. If you've had it in for a long while then it probably won't be that?

Hope your headache eases soon

Hurdity x

Flan747

Re: Advice please
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 01:25:42 PM »

Thank you Hurdity
I have only had the coil in for 4 weeks so did think it maybe that! Always have been a poor absorber so there is that worry and know I can’t go up to 5mg Sandrena so wonder where I go after if it is the cause. Blood test booked for this afternoon just to get an idea of the numbers!