Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Endometrial Thickness Normal?  (Read 935 times)

Stargazer

Endometrial Thickness Normal?
« on: October 28, 2020, 08:50:40 PM »

I have had a period a year after my last period but at the beginning of that year I had a Prostap injection followed by no further bleeding for 9 months.  My GP wanted to be sure this was not post menopausal bleeding so I have had bloods taken (results tomorrow) and an ultrasound today.  Ovaries were fine endometrial thickness 4.4mm is this OK?

Hurdity

Re: Endometrial Thickness Normal?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 08:32:56 AM »

That sounds fine - I think 4.5 mm is considered the limit for post-menopaual women, although many actually have higher than this without problem. The most important thing is that the bleed is invesitgated as it has been, and if nothing is found then hopefully you do not need to worry. I would want to have an explanation for the bleeding though. What does the doc report say?

Hurdity x

Stargazer

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 12:26:43 PM »

GP says it could have been that I was not post menopausal after all and that including the 3 months on Prostap in the 'year since a period' may not have been accurate.  As I have been put through the Two Week Pathway it will be up to the Gynaecologist what happens next.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 09:29:54 AM »

OK - all the best with your ongoing investigation and do let us know the outcome.

Hurdity x