Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 949 times)

Paz23

Dreams
« on: October 28, 2020, 08:10:16 AM »

I’ve been using HRT for about a week now (2 pumps of oestrogel) for peri symptoms. For the past few nights I’ve had really awful broken panicky sleep, horrible vivid dreams and got up this morning feeling really crappy. The dreams are anxious dreams about things that I’m not anxious about, like what colour icing to put on a cake! Sounds ridiculous now I’ve written it down  :-\
Just wondering if this could be a side effect of HRT or is it another “wonderful“ symptom of peri and the timing is just coincidence?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 08:58:40 AM »

Hi! we have several 'dream' threads here ........... do you take any other medication?  My antidepressants make me dream: long, involved, busy stories about people not thought about for years++ and I wake feeling knackered.

Paz23

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 09:07:26 AM »

No I don’t take nothing else. X

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 09:13:35 AM »

Could be hormonal, it may be that you are becoming hot due to the medication which can cause anxiety. 

Paz23

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 12:41:12 PM »

But one of the reasons I wanted to take HRT was to get rid of the anxiety & getting hot a night. If it can cause it too then I’m wondering what the point is. Sorry I’m feeling rather down today. Probably due to not much sleep.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 12:57:22 PM »

Don't apologise.  Lack of sleep is wearying.

The advice is to continue with HRT for 3-4 months unless side effects are too dreadful.  This may settle after a few days especially now we've talked about it.  There are several threads on sleep on the Forum .. try the search box.  Make notes ;-)