Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How does it work?  (Read 757 times)

Paz23

How does it work?
« on: October 20, 2020, 06:40:42 AM »

So I’ve finally made a drs appointment, all be it a telephone appointment, with a view to discussing HRT. Symptoms are really getting me down so I’m convinced I need something.
But I’m just wondering, because I’m still peri my hormones are going up and down, so if I take oestrogen what happens when my own is naturally high? Won’t I end up feeling rubbish because I’ve got too much? And if so what on Earth is the solution?
Just wondering if I might be better trying one of the new pills.

sheila99

Re: How does it work?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 10:02:21 AM »

Peri is difficult because or your own surges and troughs. I didn't have problems with oestrogen but had extreme fatigue on progesterone when I produced my own too. It does get easier as you get closer to meno. If you're considering a contraceptive pill rather than hrt it needs to be one with enough oestrogen, many work by increasing progesterone which isn't ideal for meno (don't know much about them).

Paz23

Re: How does it work?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 10:16:46 AM »

Well I have Mirena coil fitted at the moment so that takes care of the progesterone, obviously I’d have to have it taken out if I wanted to try any thing with progesterone in it, however I’m going to have to sort that out sooner or later anyway as I’m not having another after this one - having one taken out and another put in straight away was bloody awful and I swore I’d never do it again.