Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: At my wits' end  (Read 1109 times)

pricey

At my wits' end
« on: October 16, 2020, 07:24:12 AM »

Hello ladies, looking for some advice as I'm feeling very low and anxious. I posted a few days ago about the scan I had including tvs. The sonographer told me a few things. Initially I felt reassured,  now I'm in overdrive. She said the endometrium was a little thicker but not abnormally so and as she'd expect with me bleeding. She couldn't see my ovaries but had no concerns as she would expect them to shrink and cysts/dwellings would be apparent if a concern..Two small fibroids at the top of my uterus but she didnt anticipate them causing issues. (??) I asked if she had any concerns, she said no, only that my endometrium looks "a bit wider near the cervix ". She said this could be because I'm bleeding but she would mention it on the report. Of course I'm worried now.

TMI but shortly after I got home I passed a large clot. The same happened yesterday. Could these have showed up on the scan and accounted for what she saw? The background is I came off HRT quite quickly in mid August. No reason to think I'm not still peri as I have sometimes had cyclical bleeds as well as the withdrawal bleeds (sore breasts, headaches, emotional, etc). I've bled off and on since then. I was prescribed norethisterone for 10 days to stop a heavy bleed then my GP prescribed more saying I could carry on until I got the scan if I wished.  I managed 15 days but felt rotten so stopped. Lo and behold I then got my scan date. My withdrawal bleed started the day before the scan. So I would be at the start of the bleed with lots to come away when I had the scan. I had hoped to have it when bleeding had finished which I believe is when the lining is thinnest. I'm so weary of this and frightening myself with overthinking. 

Can anyone offer any advice/reassurance?

X
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:59:54 AM by pricey »

Uptick

Re: Anyone had a scan during a bleed?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 05:20:04 PM »

Hi pricey, if you're still in peri-menopause, heavy periods with clots are absolutely normal, particularly if you have fibroids. I've had heavy periods with clots and 3 small fibroids for almost 10 bloody years (excuse the pun). Your scan results seem fine.

pricey

Re: Anyone had a scan during a bleed?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 07:24:33 AM »

Thanks for that Uptick. I'm so low this morning. Convinced myself I will be having a biopsy for sure. I'm so sick of bleeding and everything is getting me down.

X

pricey

Feeling like this will never stop.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 07:59:12 AM »

Sorry to bump this,  ladies. I'm struggling. I'm really worried and thinking this bleeding will never stop. I'm so confused as I clearly get headaches/low mood/pmt and know a bleed will start (in between the off on spotting I've had), but the sonographer saying she couldn't find my ovaries has confused me. I know they can hide. I feel mine have been pretty active these past months. I'm on day 7 of the norethisterone withdrawal bleed but felt really low Friday and the flow increased again yesterday. Today, still low and a headache. Looking back in my diary, it's a month since I had what felt like a period.
If I'm now actually having a period that's tagged onto the end of the withdrawal bleed, could that account for my endometrium being a little thickened? I wish she had given me measurements. Also her 'only concern' that it was "wider" near the cervix makes me think is it uneven, or could it be because I had lots of heavy bleeding to come? My scan was on day 2 of the withdrawal bleed. Where is all this coming from? I despair.

So sorry to be a nuisance.

X

Hello ladies, looking for some advice as I'm feeling very low and anxious. I posted a few days ago about the scan I had including tvs. The sonographer told me a few things. Initially I felt reassured,  now I'm in overdrive. She said the endometrium was a little thicker but not abnormally so and as she'd expect with me bleeding. She couldn't see my ovaries but had no concerns as she would expect them to shrink and cysts/dwellings would be apparent if a concern..Two small fibroids at the top of my uterus but she didnt anticipate them causing issues. (??) I asked if she had any concerns, she said no, only that my endometrium looks "a bit wider near the cervix ". She said this could be because I'm bleeding but she would mention it on the report. Of course I'm worried now.

TMI but shortly after I got home I passed a large clot. The same happened yesterday. Could these have showed up on the scan and accounted for what she saw? The background is I came off HRT quite quickly in mid August. No reason to think I'm not still peri as I have sometimes had cyclical bleeds as well as the withdrawal bleeds (sore breasts, headaches, emotional, etc). I've bled off and on since then. I was prescribed norethisterone for 10 days to stop a heavy bleed then my GP prescribed more saying I could carry on until I got the scan if I wished.  I managed 15 days but felt rotten so stopped. Lo and behold I then got my scan date. My withdrawal bleed started the day before the scan. So I would be at the start of the bleed with lots to come away when I had the scan. I had hoped to have it when bleeding had finished which I believe is when the lining is thinnest. I'm so weary of this and frightening myself with overthinking. 

Can anyone offer any advice/reassurance?

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: At my wits' end
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 08:08:30 AM »

Morning!  Ovaries are funny critters.  Even when 'removed' a small piece can be left which will continue to be active.  As they shrink normally in perimenopause, they will continue to be active.  Hence the clots.

I passed clots++ throughout my menstrual life.  I would move and could feel 1 coming away. 

........ and breath.  The sonographer is doing this every day and used to seeing 'within normal limits'.  The scan will also be looked at by someone else if she is concerned.

pricey

Re: At my wits' end
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 06:50:23 AM »

Thanks CLKD. I suppose in my low mood I'm worried she was playing something down.

I know my ovaries haven't given up, even if they're small or hiding!  ;D

X