Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone had pelvic floor improvement with HRT?  (Read 1162 times)

KaraShannon

Anyone had pelvic floor improvement with HRT?
« on: October 13, 2020, 08:01:39 PM »

Hi everyone

I stopped using vagifem 2 weeks ago, I seem to have a love hate relationship with it.  I was using it every day, got awful migraine, irritability and also some degree of 'confusion,' I can't explain it well, just that I had a lot of work to do and I was sat there not even able to make a list to start, list?  what list?  what am I even sat here for?  what was I trying to do?  All that was going on and it's totally not like me. 

I know it's debatable but it really is my experience that my body cannot tolerate vagifem for more than 2 - 3 times a week before migraines and all the above happens.  But 2 - 3 times a week isn't enough to fully strengthen the pelvic floor, though it does help a lot.

2 weeks ago I stopped the vagifem with a view to using it again after 3 days, to give myself a break, but the relief from stopping it, there was no way I wanted to try it again.

I'm going to type an email to my doctor now, that's the only way we can do it at the moment.  Wondering what she might suggest or if there is something else that can be used.  I think I have fluctuations in pelvic floor strength and concerned I might develop prolapse issues if I don't nip it in the bud. 

Your thoughts and experiences are welcomed.   :)

sheila99

Re: Anyone had pelvic floor improvement with HRT?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 10:13:46 PM »

I found testosterone helped. I leaked if I didn't do regular pelvic floor exercises since giving birth in my early 40s, I haven't had to do them since starting on t. I haven't had va so haven't used local oestrogen and hrt made no difference. Testosterone was a bit of a surprise really as I hadn't heard of it helping. I may be a bit unusual though and it may not help you. I was repeatedly pulling muscles for no reason and this is the main reason why I wanted t. It's improved my muscle tone and this seems to include pelvic floor. You normally have to be stable on HRT before they will prescribe it and then only for low libido.

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 10:55:38 PM »

Thanks Sheila99, that's interesting because my muscle tone in general is much poorer than it ever was and I put that down the the beta blockers I'm on (but coming off gradually).  I might look into whether beta blockers affect testosterone.  There's hope if improving muscles in general helps with pelvic floor muscles because if I can correct whatever is affecting me overall, it might help.  I will ask (or badger) about testosterone once we've exhausted the whole HRT side of things.  ;D 

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 10:11:19 PM »

I hope it helps you, it could well do as you sound similar to me. Mine was definitely a meno symptom though as I wasn't on any medication.