Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help please, such a low ebb  (Read 1311 times)

pricey

Help please, such a low ebb
« on: October 13, 2020, 07:48:00 AM »

So, I ended up in A & E with a racing heart, raised blood pressure and confirmation that I have moderate-severe anaemia and the symptoms were attributed to this and anxiety. Discharged and advised just to wait for my scan tomorrow. The bleeding following cessation of norethisterone (if I'd known the scan date would come through so quickly I'd have stayed on it) has picked up pace and my own doctor just advised increasing my iron,  resting,  and maybe using tranexamic acid ahead of the scan. She said I could resume norethisterone if need be, but knows I didn't feel great on it. I don't know what to do. I think I'd rather use that than try something else that could make me feel lousy. I was hoping the bleed would be almost over before the scan, not in full flood. I'm feeling so low,  debilitated,  scared of what the scan will show,  really lost. Just constantly trying not to cry. I've worked all through the pandemic and kept my spirits up. Sorry,  just needing to offload.

X

Ms Peak

Re: Help please, such a low ebb
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 08:27:47 AM »

Hello lovely.
We hear you.
Scan booked so all good. I've have a couple of uterine scans and they give clear information. The anaemia can be treated with iron supplements etc.
When the bleeding stops the anaemia will subside.
Do you live alone? Seek help from us on  here or friends and loved ones.
Today rest, sleep, be kind to yourself and let the day pass. Tomorrow is a new one.
Let us know how you get on.
Ms Peaks xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 09:55:28 AM »

OH have a  :hug:

Pity that your GP didn't prescribe the medication to ease the bleeding! I can never see the point in waiting.

Tell the person who does the scan how awful you feel too.

CherrySG

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 04:11:42 PM »

Just wanted to sympathise  :hug: and send good wishes to feel better soon.

JoJo42

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 06:05:02 PM »

Sorry you’re having a rough time. I suffer with anxiety too and understand how you are feeling. It’s so hard sometimes when it seems to be one problem after another. Sending all best wishes and hope you feel better soon xx

pricey

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 07:31:34 PM »

Thank you, lovelies. It helps knowing people understand. I called the department and they said they will do the abdominal scan but i might have to go back for the transvaginal scan if it's needed. I'm just a bit worn out with it all.

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 07:38:56 PM »

Getting investigations sorted is tiring.