Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, it's driving me bonkers!  (Read 4470 times)

pluto

Re: Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, it's driving me bonkers!
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2020, 06:37:42 PM »

Hi loonarider,

This might be a long shot, but is there any chance you could have histamine intolerance? I've recently been diagnosed with this, and realised that symptoms I'd put down to changing estrogen levels during my cycle and post-viral issues that I've been struggling with for a long time are largely due to histamine intolerance.

One of the symptoms that had got particularly troublesome was an almost constant chest tightness, slight breathlessness when active or walking and talking, and a persistent, annoying cough. Since I dropped the estrogen dose in my HRT regime (estrogen raises histamine and vice versa) and started a low-histamine diet, all of these symptoms have as good as disappeared.

If you notice that the chest tightness & cough especially after eating, it might be worth looking into whether histamine could be playing a part. Fluctuating estrogen levels, especially when they go crazy during peri, can make this much worse.

pluto
Pages: 1 2 [3]