Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT and ovarian cyst  (Read 1236 times)

Lico

• First Flush
HRT and ovarian cyst
« on: October 08, 2020, 10:03:33 AM »

Good morning to all,
I have been lurking for the last few years. This forum helped me in so many ways. Thank you.
 I am having a bit of a panic.
I am 61, on HRT for the last 4 years due to osteopenia on my hips. Bones are better now.
Yesterday was my  check up. Everything was fine, lining fine etc. until the Consultant found a very small 14mm cyst on my left ovary! This cyst was not existent last year .. Consultant not worried about it and said that it was common. Did the blood tests to include the C markers. However I have been reading so much about ovarian cancer that I am now very worried!! Did any of you have a similar issue . Thank you
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 10:26:11 AM by Lico »

Cassie

Re: HRT and ovarian cyst
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 10:49:40 AM »

Hi yes, I always have cysts and have been on HRT for years. They don't seem concerned as they can see if they are fluid filled and benign and the blood tests are also good markers, they seem pretty common on HRT.

Lico

• First Flush
Re: HRT and ovarian cyst
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 01:42:40 PM »

Hello Cassie,
Thank you for this. Consultant rang me and told me that it was a very small follicular cyst , blood test normal. However my LDL cholesterol has increased so must up my Estrogel to 3 pumps instead of 2. . It is never ending ..