Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ache all over and excessively tired - Menopause?  (Read 6797 times)

thegregs52

Ache all over and excessively tired - Menopause?
« on: October 01, 2020, 02:49:30 PM »

I have been in menopause for a year and a half now and am currently using Evoril Conti Patches which I have been using for over a year.  During peri-menopause I always had flu like symptoms, i.e. headache, aching limbs and excessively tired before my period was due.  I got so exhausted that I had to sleep straight away.  In the last year this has started happening again randomly but it is happening more and more, at least 2-3 times a month.  I have been back and forth to the doctor and had so many blood tests done but nothing is showing that there is a problem.  Part of me thinks it might be hormone related and therefore I was wondering if anyone else experienced these symptoms? I also have an underactive thyroid but an endocrinologist checked my levels and has said that they are all fine. Help  :'(

CherrySG

Re: Ache all over and excessively tired - Menopause?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 03:19:00 PM »

Exhaustion was a big one for me, but I didn't realise until I had to go on HRT for other reasons....and then I didn't need to sleep in the afternoon any more. The more potent form of HRT I take, the less fatigue I get.

Recently when I came off HRT for a couple of weeks I woke up aching all over, and was excessively tired. So yes, if you've had all the tests in all probability this is it.  :)

Mrs asky

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 03:38:16 PM »

Have been going through the menopause for 2 and a half years now. Recently all my joints have started hurting, in so much pain, had to stop going to gym, just don’t have the energy. Had blood tests done for inflammation and arthritis, both came back negative. Doctor said it’s down to the menopause and to take vitamins B12 and D daily, have been for 3 weeks now. Still in pain. Anybody got any advice. Thanks

suzysunday

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 07:11:15 PM »

I took b12 and vit D for ages but it didn't help at all.  I feel tired and achy all the time too. I just use local hrt as had bad experience on full hrt. Don't like to think I will always feel like this. Sorry I can't be more helpful Mrs asky, just know how you feel.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 07:37:11 PM »

Unless your blood tests showed low VitD levels they won't help.  Over the counter pain relief may well ease symptoms.  As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Crashing fatigue is common.  It was a symptom of my low VitD levels 3 years ago.

Be kind to yourself.  It's The Change, does what it says on the tin.

Ms Peak

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 08:55:27 PM »

Hi ladies.
I take tumeric capsules. Its the natural relief from joint pains I have found
Ms Peaks x

Itwillpass

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 08:08:49 AM »

I've had fatigue & achy muscles\joints for months now it's all totally exhausting. I'm talking every single day no let up, also had bloods done all fine. It's an effort to even wash up & climb the stairs. I was fit & healthy then it hit me like a train! I've been taking vitamin d & b vitamins for months with no significant improvement. Started evorel sequi a week ago but some way 3 months before it helps fingers crossed

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 08:21:58 AM »

You may feel benefit B4 3 months ItWillPass.  Do any of you keep a mood/symptom/food diary to chart progress?  Some find it useful.

suzysunday

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 09:56:44 AM »

I've tried turmeric capsules and they gave me a weird vaginal discharge, orangey colour like the turmeric.  It was a bit like blood, which it probably wasn't, bit it put me off.  I stopped the turmeric then tried again and it did the same.  Put me off.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »

Thegregs a lot of women have your symptoms when on progesterone. Could it be the fact that you are on continuous progesterone that's causing you to feel so horrible?

Taz x  :-\

Babspiglet

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 10:23:30 AM »

Hello ItWillPass (and other ladies), I raised this in a similar thread recently to which you kindly replied. I’m experiencing exactly the same as you at the moment, waiting for the HRT (Evorel patch and Utrogestan) to kick in and do something magical. I’ll have to wait and see how the continuous progestogen affects me-I know it is itself known to cause grogginess etc. Yesterday I also bought some A.Vogel Menopause Support tablets which have received rave reviews. A lot of the women report increased energy/reduced tiredness on them. The active ingredient is magnesium (good for tiredness and nervous system) which few of us have enough of apparently. The good thing is they can be taken alongside HRT. If I start leaping around with boundless energy I won’t quite know what’s made the difference but I’ll be so happy I won’t mind!  All trial and error at this stage. :)

Itwillpass

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 11:13:56 AM »

Gosh I do hope so CLKD, Babspiglet I have been taking the menopace tablets since start of year which hopefully just keep everything topped up can’t do any harm I suppose, haven’t looked into those ones you mention. I’ll try anything at the moment to get the old me back  :'(

Babspiglet

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 12:18:15 PM »

Ah, maybe there’s not too much difference between the two brands. I may’ve got my hopes up too much if the Menopace hasn’t done much for your energy  : We just do what we can! I’m just having to take a break during the hoovering. Previously I would’ve powered through it all without thinking. Now I have to pace myself. So bewildering! x

Itwillpass

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2020, 08:28:35 AM »

Babspiglet I really hope they work for you, maybe it's all placibo, also what works for one doesn't always work for another. Does anyone find their heart rate goes sky high even climbing the stairs or when eating?! Everything is such an effort  :-\ Also CLKD I write a general diary each evening ( usually says the same struggle of a day) I might try the food one though because I started to get digestive issues not stop from June & ibs running to the loo every morning. Pretty sure alot is caused by my health anxiety.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:33:28 AM by Itwillpass »

Babspiglet

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2020, 09:29:21 AM »

Itwillpass, thanks for your encouragement. I can relate to so much of what you say, particularly the racing heart after quite minor exertion and exercise, walking up stairs and walking for any length of time. I have to incorporate rest stops into my walks now whereas I could charge ahead as recently as March! I’m advised by doctors that this is probably anxiety which I can accept but also firmly believe the demon hormones are playing their part.  I also think that as my problems seemed to start just after lockdown the pandemic has introduced and heightened anxiety symptoms and has made everything worse. Even when I think I’m not particularly anxious, a doctor will attribute my lack of stamina and self-diagnosed ‘heart problem’ (!) to anxiety leaving me floundering around as to the best way to treat my symptoms. I think that the HRT (recommended by one doctor) will help us over the coming weeks/months and we should just be kind to ourselves. I’m so fed up with being constantly fixated on how I’m feeling all the time but this forum is a Godsend and I’m glad I’ve found it!  :)
Pages: [1] 2