Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Migraines with aura but no pain  (Read 704 times)

Tab

• First Flush
Migraines with aura but no pain
« on: September 29, 2020, 03:59:44 PM »

Hi I have always had migraines if I eat lemon or lime or lack of sleep and other causes. They got bad after I had my son I was given amitryptyline to help prevent them they were and still are good limiting to one or two a year . As I hit peri menopause they got worse every other day thou I didn’t know it was that cause eventually they settled down but I was not getting the headache just the aura for 30 mins. I haven’t had a period since January and I started getting more menopause symptoms and severe anxiety so I have been put on fluoxetine and had Mireya coil fitted and using the gel, have been on them nearly two months and anxiety a lot better still there but I’m coping with it better but Sunday and today I have had migraine with aura really hoping they are not going to set off again do you think I need to increase or decrease my two pumps of gel or need to give it more time to see what happens has anyone else had this happen going onto hrt thank you everyone

shrosphirelass

Re: Migraines with aura but no pain
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 07:41:51 PM »

I went on HRT mainly because of hormonal headaches. I also experience aura without traditional migraine, usually a mild headache but it leaves me feeling washed out and I hate it. I have been better since I changed to a conti regime, the changing levels seemed to trigger headaches for me. I do still get the aura migraines now and then and not sure what triggers them, light seems to be a factor. As you have a mirena fitted you should be having stable levels, maybe you need to give it more time. They say at least 3 months and for some people it takes up to 6 months.
Have you investigated other causes? My doctor suggested that neck issues may be aggravating the problems so I had a physio assessment. She recommended exercises and gave me advice on my posture (it was awful!). This seems to have helped though it's hard to separate from thr HRT.