Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Eczema on my elbows - help!  (Read 749 times)

florentinella

• First Flush
Eczema on my elbows - help!
« on: September 20, 2020, 08:41:48 AM »

Just another question - since my menopause diagnosis in 2014 I have developed terrible eczema on my elbows.
I had it on my knees and eyelids too - but have managed to "cure" it (if that's possible at all).

Unfortunately my elbows are still a sight - dry, scaby, itchy, often bleeding ... I must have tried at least 10 different prescription creams (and a myriad of cosmetic creams, lotions and potions) but nothing works. The cream that worked on my knees didn't help with elbows. Did anyone else experience this and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks!
F xx

Kazzyp

Re: Eczema on my elbows - help!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 11:59:35 PM »

Hi Florentinella!
Have a look at my post ‘Menopause related hand eczema’ I posted earlier.
I’m having the same nightmare but on my hands. Previously had it on my eyelids too, but like you, I seem to have that sorted.
Sick of being prescribed steroids & immunosuppressant creams and it’s getting worse 😔. Really debilitating.
The last Dermatologist I had a telephone appointment with took on board that I am convinced it all went crazy when my GP took my HRT away from me last year. I’m now waiting for allergy testing & biopsy, but have been waiting six weeks since the request was sent. No appointment received yet. 😕

Sleepy123

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 08:17:13 AM »

I don’t really suffer with eczema but sometimes I get dry flakiness on my elbows.

I used Epaderm from Boots chemists, in a white and purple tube. That seemed to work really well for me

I hope you find something to help x

margherita

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 11:37:33 PM »

La Roche Posay Lipikar cream is excellent . Also Avene Xerabalm (think that's the name). Unfortunately they are quite pricey but come in large 200 ml tubes and last a long time.