Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Other options not hrt  (Read 1256 times)

Debs165

Other options not hrt
« on: September 17, 2020, 05:23:40 PM »

My gp won't prescribe me hrt as they were the cause of my bilateral pe's which resulted in me being hospitalised for 2 weeks then being diagnosed with CTEPH and having major surgery at Papworth hospital 3 years ago.  What other options can I take that would help with these horrendous symptoms. This site is great for advice and support x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Other options not hrt
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »

MayB read the alternative room or look above at the treatments in the pink banner?

What's bilateral pe ' s ? and CTEPH ? 

Debs165

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »

I did look at this after I had posted! Bilateral pe's blockage of my pulmonary arteries caused by blood clots, cteph is chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, blockages in the arteries to the lungs due to scar tissue x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 07:59:06 PM »

Crikey you've been through it!  How R U overall?

Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary, I may have asked B4?  You could send an e-mail to Dr Currie, details above, for advice. There is a fee.

What type of HRT had you been prescribed?

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 08:16:52 PM »

Debs, I have sort of replied to this this evening in answer to something you said on another thread!  Have bumped an old Alternatives to HRT thread for you.

Debs165

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 06:00:16 AM »

That's great, thanks Wrensong

Debs165

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 06:06:33 AM »

Hi CLKD, yeah it was a pretty scary time and had gone undiagnosed for a long time, am much better now thanks, will always have CTEPH but it is mild at the moment, go for yearly checks with Papworth hospital. I had tried the oestrogen gel, then was put on the patches then tablets, I can't remember the name, have got it written in a letter somewhere, will hunt it out and let you know. Good to few about emailing Dr Currie as the symptoms are terrible at the mo, damn meno!! X