Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Alternating Vagifem and Ovestin internally for VA - would that be ok?  (Read 1495 times)

CherryC

Hi, could anyone advsie please?  As well as full hrt, I am prescribed Vagifem 5 x week and Ovestin externally. The Vagifem works pretty well apart from one very sore bit (razor blades) about quarter of the way in on the left that has been sore for years and makes sex very uncomfortable. I am wondering if it might be ok to try Vagifem 3 x weekly and on the other 2 nights to try Ovestin internally. Being a cream, I wondered if it might get to that area a bit better.  I know one is Estradiol one is Estriol so does anyone know if it's ok to mix and match internally? Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Alternating Vagifem and Ovestin internally for VA - would that be ok?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 09:09:56 AM »

I would try Ovestin on the sore area on the nights that I wasn't using Vagifem if it makes it easier to apply directly.  I have a sore spot slightly to the right and quite high up which is sore on pressure, enough to make me jump!

Both products are a very low dose.  Its' a bit Trial and Error.

CherryC

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 07:02:53 AM »

Thanks for your reply CLKD - I will give it a try

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 05:07:30 PM »

Hi CherryC...agree with CLKD.  Yes you can use both as per your question.  I use Vagifem 5 days a week and Estragyn (estrone) on alternate nights.  Good luck Cherry.  Takes a long time to get VA sorted.  Be patient...it will work.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 05:11:15 PM »

:thankyou:

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 05:19:19 PM »

Hi, could anyone advsie please?  As well as full hrt, I am prescribed Vagifem 5 x week and Ovestin externally. The Vagifem works pretty well apart from one very sore bit (razor blades) about quarter of the way in on the left that has been sore for years and makes sex very uncomfortable. I am wondering if it might be ok to try Vagifem 3 x weekly and on the other 2 nights to try Ovestin internally. Being a cream, I wondered if it might get to that area a bit better.  I know one is Estradiol one is Estriol so does anyone know if it's ok to mix and match internally? Thanks
By coincidence I was just reading on Jane Lewis's Facebook support group about using Ovestin internally on non Vagifem nights. I use Vagifem most nights, and also estriol cream, the 0.01% version, externally. I still have some Ovestin left  from an earlier regime so am tempted to try it. Let us know how you get on 🙂.

JP x

Lyncola

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 06:20:12 AM »

Love this question, and have been thinking to try this myself.

And if Jane Lewis says it okay I believe her as she knows so much about virginal atrophy, more then most doctors. For me it’s external pain that I can improve but gets bad again. I also use yes VM (I want to try yes oil one next) and Olive and Bee.

And my doctor does give me scripts for both Vagifem and Ovestin. I’m just a couple days of finishing my third loading this year.

I’m thinking of trying every third night of Vagifem and throw a couple off Ovestin internally a week but different nights from Vagifem.

Would love if we all could report our results.
And the Virginal Atrophy Facebook group is great.

:ola:

CherryC

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 07:28:26 AM »

Thank you all, I will give it a go and report back. Fed up with it all and continually wondering what's best to do. I'm sore/irritated/itchy externally also for the last few months, including right up to bum area and just baffled by it all! I'm going through a phase of wondering if the vagifem or ovestin externally is irritating things and making matters worse. I fluctuate between thinking should increase usage to decreasing usage! Aghhhh!!!

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 07:44:07 AM »

MayB CherryC use 'yes' or 'sylc' on the outer area and perineum?  Have a look-C at their web-sites, you may be able to order freebies to try.  I find that a good coating of KYJelly or Savlon works well as well as 'ovestin' internally with a little spread in the labia.  It's about using as often as possible initially to get symptoms under control.

Joaniepat

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 08:31:06 AM »

Good luck Avalon and CherryC, I'm going to use Ovestin tonight instead of the usual Vagifem. I know exactly how you feel CherryC, wondering if you're making it worse, and I did not have a good experience the last time I used Ovestin externally. However, I'm hoping I can adapt OK to it internally, as things are so much better now after so much Vagifem, plus the MLT last year.

JP x

Sammiejane

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 09:02:06 AM »

hi ladies

my hair started shedding 5 weeks into using vagifem and so i’m on ovestin but of late have found i go through periods of being sore irritated down there and wonder if it making things worse not better

Lyncola

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 09:39:55 AM »

I’m on day 10 of my loading, day 5 was terrible in pain all day? But it improves every day since.
For the first 5 days I did Ovestin externally every night to. I decided to do Ovestin every second night, and I’m finding with the nights i us Ovestin externally I’m have mire external pain the next day?

Today been the best so far, so I will use Ovestin externally again tonight to see if my theory is right?
And my script for Ovestin has expired so will request more from my doctor so I can try it internally.

Good luck ladies

Joaniepat

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 10:14:31 AM »

Lyncola well done for pushing through, I guess we gotta! I am using the weaker 0.01% Estriol cream externally and getting on OK with that and no longer have to mix it with the Olive & Bee. However, Ovestin externally, even with Olive & Bee, still made my eyes water  :o. Good luck tonight!

JP x