Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Feeling groggy  (Read 3056 times)

Sleepy123

Feeling groggy
« on: September 09, 2020, 11:18:05 AM »

So, I feel like I’m almost feeling like a normal human being again!

I have a Mirena coil fitted, and wasn’t sleeping very well on 0.25 Estraderm.

I increased the Estraderm to 0.50 as recommended by someone on here (sorry, I can’t remember who it was?), and although I feel like I have been knocked out with a baseball bat the good news is that I am sleeping very very well! So thank you for that tip!  ;)

The only problem is when I wake up i feel very sluggish and it takes me about an hour to even function! Throughout the day I’m fine, but I just feel really sluggish when I wake up.

Also, I have gone back to shiftwork, and when I finished a late shift at 1am I literally needed matchsticks to hold my eyes open!

I’m thinking it’s the Mirena which is making me sluggish but I don’t know? Any suggestions?  ::)

Brit66

Re: Feeling groggy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 07:07:25 AM »

It's wonderful that you are getting good quality sleep now,  I am dreaming of the same for me too! I started Sandrena gel 10 days ago and had the mirena fitted 2 weeks ago. I'm no expert but I did my research and saw a consultant before I went ahead with the coil. I was told that the reason it's recommended so often by obs/gynae is because it protects your womb but the progesterone stays within your womb, it doesn't travel all through your body. This means that for 9/10 women, there are no horrible side effects. Hope this helps!

Flan747

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 08:21:32 AM »

Britt
That is so good to hear I am having Mirena Coil fitted next week! Sometimes hard to find positives on the forum as obviously we all come on here with problems
Much appreciated

Brit66

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 02:30:15 PM »

Britt
That is so good to hear I am having Mirena Coil fitted next week! Sometimes hard to find positives on the forum as obviously we all come on here with problems
Much appreciated

I know, you'd think most people have trouble with it, but apparently they don't! We are all different but the chances are you will get on fine with it. I used it for contraception years ago and it was great then too, no periods and so convenient :)
All the best for your appointment,  it's really nothing to be anxious about either, very quick and easy.

Flan747

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 02:44:54 PM »

Thank you Britt that is very reassuring I have become more settled on Sandrena and stopping the Utrogestron which now confirms was the cause of my very low moods anxiety and insomnia keeping everything crossed it works ok

Brit66

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 02:53:05 PM »

Thank you Britt that is very reassuring I have become more settled on Sandrena and stopping the Utrogestron which now confirms was the cause of my very low moods anxiety and insomnia keeping everything crossed it works ok

No problem! Yes, I had another form of progesterone and I got very bad indigestion and worse, low mood. Fingers crossed for you! Let us know how it goes ;)

Sleepy123

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 09:00:47 AM »

Flan747 - I was really worried about getting the Mirena. I have a very high cervix (due to an old operation) so I find smear tests really painful.

But I had the Mirena fitted by a really good gyno who gave me anaesthetic.

I haven’t really had any issues with the Mirena, apart from spots on the chin! But I think this is mainly due to the estrogen fluctuations, as I am still trying to find the right dose for me!   ???

Flan747

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 01:27:38 PM »

Hi Sleepy123
That’s so comforting to hear! I am not so worried about having it fitted as I am the side effects it may cause! Not feeling great anyway trying to get estrogen balance right so hoping this doesn’t add to the mix! My fluctuations are crazy at the minute!
Will let you k so how it all goes 

Brit66

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 06:49:15 AM »

Hi Sleepy123
That’s so comforting to hear! I am not so worried about having it fitted as I am the side effects it may cause! Not feeling great anyway trying to get estrogen balance right so hoping this doesn’t add to the mix! My fluctuations are crazy at the minute!
Will let you k so how it all goes

What day are you actually having the Mirena fitted? Sometime this week isn't it?  And remember, it's much less likely for you to have side effects from it, that's why it's recommended do often.  Think positive, it just might work out! :D

Flan747

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 07:04:58 AM »

Having it fitted tomorrow! Putting my positive head on 🤣

Brit66

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 07:25:00 AM »

Having it fitted tomorrow! Putting my positive head on 🤣

Well you may as well, it will probably make things so much easier :D
Let us know how you get on!

Flan747

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 11:56:07 AM »

So had the Mirena coil fitted this morning ! The GP had nothing but good things to say about it! All went well and feel ok at the minute! A little spotting but presume that’s from true procedure ? She said it won’t change any symptoms I have but now I can concentrate on the Sandrena dosage as will not be using the Utrogestron! Mood definitely better without it! Just to sort out palpitations and anxiety oh and libido but that’s bottom of my list at the minute

Brit66

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 05:08:17 PM »

So had the Mirena coil fitted this morning ! The GP had nothing but good things to say about it! All went well and feel ok at the minute! A little spotting but presume that’s from true procedure ? She said it won’t change any symptoms I have but now I can concentrate on the Sandrena dosage as will not be using the Utrogestron! Mood definitely better without it! Just to sort out palpitations and anxiety oh and libido but that’s bottom of my list at the minute
Hey!!! I'm so happy for you  :D and glad that everything went well, now enjoy the benefits, you did so well!
PS Haha, I know what you mean about the libido  ;D

Flan747

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 05:16:54 PM »

Thank you! So glad I finally went for it! The GP was really positive so now only time will tell! She also highly recommended Sandrena so hopefully the 2 together will work! Just deciding where to apply it as so many conflicting posts! Should get blood test results tomorrow and go from there! Hoping I can stick with 3mg as 4mg seems an awful lot! Will keep you updated

Brit66

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 05:41:21 PM »

Thank you! So glad I finally went for it! The GP was really positive so now only time will tell! She also highly recommended Sandrena so hopefully the 2 together will work! Just deciding where to apply it as so many conflicting posts! Should get blood test results tomorrow and go from there! Hoping I can stick with 3mg as 4mg seems an awful lot! Will keep you updated

Yes, i bet emotionally you feel that a great weight has been lifted off, I know I did! You're right, so many different opinions,  I put mine alternately on my inside thigh, remembering to write L or R on my phone each day as I'm scared of getting it mixed up-brain fog LOL ;D
The great thing about the gels is that you can customize the dosage so that should make it much easier for you, looking forward to hearing how it goes!
Pages: [1] 2 3