Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT and Anxiety  (Read 1087 times)

sed

HRT and Anxiety
« on: September 09, 2020, 04:54:26 AM »

Can I ask those women whose anxiety was relieved by HRT, how long it took to start feeling the benefits?  I know everyone is different but for those who have a success story, which HRT was used?

I am using Evorel Sequi 50 and although I feel it has helped me in the first 5 weeks - I feel as though my anxiety And low mood comes back when I am on the first patches.  GP won’t change it until 3 months.

Penelope

Re: HRT and Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:18:06 AM »

Kliovance HRT continues it took around 7 months bearing in mind previous to starting HRT I could not leave the house for two months because the Anxiety was crippling.Bless you I totally get this question.
I finally have peace.xx

Emma1308b

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »

One of my main symptoms at 42 years old was the anxiety and associated issues with this. I didn't want to venture far from the house, couldn't stay overnight anywhere even in my own static caravan and dreaded when hubby was late shift and left me looking after my 2 year old. It was always a case of what if something happens, I get ill and can't get help. Most of my anxiety was that irrational fear about getting ill but I would often get panic attacks about nothing at all with no trigger. I started on evorel 50 patches and I was on them 9 month before I developed the allergy to them and had to switch. I would say the first 2 weeks i noticed a significant difference in energy levels and mood. Funnily enough I always did better on the progesterone patches. After about 6 months my anxiety started to reduce significantly, enough to travel 600 mile round trip to visit my folks with my son and very few anxiety attacks. I had to switch to elleste duet? and now femostan 2/10 but I can honestly say the more time progresses the better it got. I reckon I was back to as near normal after a year. I did still have my moments don't get me wrong but I felt well in myself so I was able to rationalise the anxiety better and work through. I am now 48 and trying to decrease my dose by taking it every second day to see if it works and if it does Ill ask for a lower dose. Ive been at this for a week and my mood is low and I want to cry, but no real anxiety yet. Im hoping the body will adjust to the lower level and if not Ill just increase again and try again next year.
There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Fusseh

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 05:00:34 PM »

Hi, I don't know your history but as a Evorel Sequi user (for 18 months), I would say it took 3 months to see a level out of symptoms.

Another factor is what else us happening and I have found that Covid has increased my anxiety a bit, but could be much worse if I wasn't on HRT. 

I would hang in there a bit longer, unless of course your symptoms worsen. A mood diary helps much better than our memories  I use Daylio and Balance apps and this helps chart patterns etc.

Good luck

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 09:24:32 AM »

hi ladies

i found i developed aniexty when starting hrt estrogen had it so bad for a year although i have had hysterectomy i take 100mg utro to balance estrogen as i felt crazy person in jr mood on a yoyo up and down depression aniexty and panic attacks i’ve recently 8 weeks ago started tesosterone for energy and libido and have a little aniexty creeping back but have had lots of other side effects so looking to take a break i think start a fresh on a patch as my hair just will not stop shedding on hrt and it’s been 2 yrs thinned so much dosent hell the aniexty at all