Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Guidance and navigation !  (Read 842 times)

DS68

Guidance and navigation !
« on: September 02, 2020, 09:54:45 PM »

I'm so sorry to ask this but I wondered if someone could please advise me.

I'm on gel (1 an dhalf pumps a day) and ustrogetan 200 for the 12 days. Have been on this for 6 months now.

Im sorry if this is a stupid question but up to last month  I had regular periods then last month just one day period with some spotting after for 4 days.  I thought oh gosh maybe they're stopping but then 10 days later on day 6 of ustrogetan I am having a really heavy periods clotting, back pain extreme tiredness.  Should I stop the ustrogetan 200 as I'm having a period or continue to the end of the usual 12 days?

Really not sure what to do and having this period at the wrong time has confused me and im unsure what I should do.  The nurse at gp is off sick and can't get a doc appt to ask.

Any advise please.  Oh yes also... If I'm.on hrt gel.and tabs will my period ever stop or will this mean they continue whilst I'm on hrt?

I'm 51 and no idea where I am on this menopause journey, my internal sat-nav has given up !

Thanks in advance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Guidance and navigation !
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 08:31:20 AM »

Morning.  Nothing is silly nor stupid on here!

Maybe put the product name into the search box on here and see what pops up?  Make notes ;-).  It may be your ovaries having a party  ::)

I would continue ............ heavy periods can be eased, the GP can prescribe medication. 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 10:35:09 AM »

I think the advice is to usually continue with the regime but it does seem strange that this is happening after six months. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon to advise.

As for having periods - while you are on a sequential regime then you will expect to have a bleed as this is how the womb lining is kept thin. If it's allowed to build up then it can put you at risk of endometrial cancer. Around the age of 53 is considered safe to be put on a continuous regime which, after an initial settling in time, could leave you bleed-free. This timing of beginning continuous HRT seems to vary from GP to GP.

Taz x

DS68

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 04:38:29 PM »

Thank you x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 04:39:08 PM »

Great advice from Taz there. Yes carry on with the Utrogestan. Where you are on menopause journey - this will depend to some extent on where you were when you started the HRT as a rough guide. If your periods were few and far between then your bleeds were probably just withdrawal bleeds from the HRT perhaps. Every now and then you will ovulate (as CLKD suggested) and then your own hormones may well come into play which could be what happened last month.

If you are ever worried about abnormal bleeding ie if heavy bleeding continues either to be more frequent or even heavier than usual or at the "wrong" time then do consuilt the doctor as they can always request a scan just to be on the safe side.

Hurdity x