Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Pharmacy prescribing 2 different patches  (Read 668 times)

Peri-wrecked

Pharmacy prescribing 2 different patches
« on: August 29, 2020, 07:50:40 AM »

Hello again......
So, I went to pick up my prescription today of the mirena coil and patches 75. Anyway, got to the pharmacy and they have only got patches in 50 and 25. They say it's the same thing but my query is that the patches are not the same make, they are from 2 different manufacturers. So, how will I know if I get side effects which one is to blame? Is this normal practice? Should I go back to my menopause doctor and ask her for advice. Has this happened to anybody?
Haven't even started HRT and it's just one thing after the next. I wont even get into the mix up getting my prescription sent to the pharmacy.  ::)

Hurdity

Re: Pharmacy prescribing 2 different patches
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 05:09:21 PM »

Hi Peri-wrecked - your post got missed.

In this current situation I wouldn't worry about the patches being different makes. You are unlikely to get side effects from one make and not another. They are all estradiol and the only difference is in the patch size and the stuff that makes them stick. It might be annoying if they keep changing but hopefully they will have approximately the same effect re dosage and are similar size if you then get another of a different make later? Which makes have you been given?

I would say go for it, give it a try and see how you feel - and of course - report back to use :)

Hurdity x