Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Experiences with Evorel Conti?  (Read 8294 times)

GetStuffedPeri

Experiences with Evorel Conti?
« on: August 25, 2020, 02:56:00 PM »

Does anyone have experience of Evorel Conti?  I've searched the forum and not masses on it.  I know what it is and how it works - I just can't find many personal stories of people who've used it. 

Looking for good or bad stories - don't hold back!  Thanks  :)

robotwars

Re: Experiences with Evorel Conti?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 03:59:23 PM »

Hi, i have been on evorel conti, it worked great for the meno symptoms but i couldnt stop bleeding, the bleeding started after 2 months of being on it!!! i was coming on heavy for 4 days then stopping for 5 then coming on again, this went on for 3 months continually, GP sent me for a scan that came back normal, GP then changed me to Evorel sequi, which means you get a controlled bleed every month, this did control the bleeding better but i was on so heavy, with period pains, so after 3 months i have stopped to reconsider what to do.... before i started on evorel conti i had gone 18 months with no periods......  Good luck hope they work for you

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 04:14:21 PM »

Hi robotwars - thanks for replying.  How odd that it made you bleed so much -  I thought the idea of them was (after the initial settling in period) to not have periods anymore, as well as easing all other symptoms etc.  May I ask if you had heavy periods historically, before your 18 months without?  Was Evorel Conti the first HRT you ever tried? Thank you!

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 05:15:48 PM »

Does anyone have experience of Evorel Conti?  I've searched the forum and not masses on it.  I know what it is and how it works - I just can't find many personal stories of people who've used it. 

Looking for good or bad stories - don't hold back!  Thanks  :)
Hi GetStuffedPeri

Here is a summary of my experience with it.

1. It has done the main thing which I wanted. That was to supplement my vagifem to prevent recurrent UTI's. I also wanted it to help prevent osteoporosis and I can't say whether that has happened at all because I haven't had another bone scan since starting it. I had mild osteopenia beforehand from my last scan nearly 2 years ago.

2. The disadvantage is that I have had regular bleeding since 3 months after moving to full patches. Bleeding is normal in the 1st 6 months but, as soon as it continues beyond 6 months, NHS doctors insist on you having scans to check the thickness of the endometrial layer and maybe also a hysteroscopy. I had this done in May and nothing was found. My layer was only 5.5mm and so thin that they couldn't take a biopsy.
The bleeding was never heavy and had gradually got lighter and lighter over time but it hasn't stopped completely. Until  last month, I was having just 2 days of light bleeding each month  (no pad needed at night when flat). I am now experimenting with a return to half patches to see if that stops the bleeding. Too early to say if it is working.

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 05:32:06 PM »

Hi Katejo - thank you for replying.  Had you been period free for a while before starting to take it?

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 05:43:52 PM »

Hi Katejo - thank you for replying.  Had you been period free for a while before starting to take it?

Yes for a long time ! I was 5/6 years post meno so getting them again was a shock to the system. I never tried HRT while still in peri.

robotwars

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 02:41:27 PM »

Hi, i was on the gel and ultrogestan about 4 years ago but had to stop as the ultro irritated my IBS, before i went 18 months with no periods, i went 8 months period free, then had one, before that i went 10 months period free then had one bleed.... both these bleeds were light..... before i had my children i always had heavy bleeds, so not happy getting them back now, im now 56 years old, thought periods were a think of the past....

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 08:02:36 PM »

I have been on evorel conti for 6 months (changed from evorel sequi) It has generally been good for symptom control. However, like KateJo I have experienced bleeding. Mainly spotting or slight, would have a few days bleed free and then a return of the bleeding. A couple of months ago I had massive bleeding which really scared me as it was like nothing I had experienced. This has stopped now and I seem to have less bleeding but still have spotting every couple of weeks for a couple of days.

Baby

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »

I tried it for 3 months but it gave me terrible mood swings. X

Hotscotgirl

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 08:48:57 AM »

Hi there, I have been on evorel conti and after not having a period for over a year, I also started bleeding. Gap sent me for a scan and it showed thickening of my womb lining so I had to have a womb biopsy. All came back neg for cancerous cells thank goodness but what to do now? Since coming off the HRT my symptoms of joint and muscle ach have returned with a vengeance and sleepless nights are awfull. Dont know whether I can go back on it and put up with bleeding or will this be dangerous ...🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »

Hi shrophsirelass - were you period free for a long time before trying the Conti?  How come they took you off the Sequi?  Thank you!

Katejo - is cutting a conti patch in half advised?  I read somewhere that we should only cut estrogen only patches in half, but maybe I'm mistaken?

Baby - that's awful!  Have you switched to something more effective now?  Did the Conti get rid of flushes/sweats for you?

Katejo

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 01:27:01 PM »

Hi shrophsirelass - were you period free for a long time before trying the Conti?  How come they took you off the Sequi?  Thank you!

Katejo - is cutting a conti patch in half advised?  I read somewhere that we should only cut estrogen only patches in half, but maybe I'm mistaken?

Baby - that's awful!  Have you switched to something more effective now?  Did the Conti get rid of flushes/sweats for you?
  Yes I was specifically advised to start on half patches by the menopause clinic. I have seen 2 different doctors there. One advised me to start with halves and the other to try going back to halves to stop the bleeding.

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 01:29:51 PM »

Hi there, I have been on evorel conti and after not having a period for over a year, I also started bleeding. Gap sent me for a scan and it showed thickening of my womb lining so I had to have a womb biopsy. All came back neg for cancerous cells thank goodness but what to do now? Since coming off the HRT my symptoms of joint and muscle ach have returned with a vengeance and sleepless nights are awfull. Dont know whether I can go back on it and put up with bleeding or will this be dangerous ...🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I wanted the Evorel to help reduce muscle /joint aches but it made little difference. Mentioned this to the consultant and he didn't expect it to have that effect.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 05:53:46 PM »

Like Katejo I was advised to use half patches to start and also to try if the bleeding doesn't stop. I went on evorel sequi age 56 and was still having regular periods. I asked to change to evorel conti 18 months later as I was having more headaches and wanted the stability of a conti regime. I'm guessing I'm menopausal now but obviously don't know for sure.

Baby

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 07:30:47 PM »

Getstuffedvperi. I am now trying a fourth type of HRT elleste 2mg. Into my second month. Hardly any improvement but I am learning to deal with the symptoms of meno better. Conti did stop sweats flushes. The mood swings were horrific though I could feel on top of the world for say half an hour then a full on panic attack for half an hour.x
Pages: [1] 2